I don't have admin rights to my former school PC - Any way to bypass?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stiensen

Distinguished
Oct 27, 2016
Hello,

I'm starting this thread with a disclaimer, as i feel that the problem i have might resemble that of a stolen PC.
I just want to say straight away that this is a very weird situation, and that i am aware of this. The PC in question is paid for in full, and is my property. I went to school for two years where they had a down-payment scheme that stretched over 3 out of 4 semesters throughout those 2 years.

While in school, i would not have any admin rights on the PC, and this block was supposed to be removed after the last exam, but this was never done. Now i have a 1000 dollar, or 10 000,- NOK work/school PC that i have no admin rights to.

The IT-responsible in the school i went to was a nutcase and impossible to reason with over phone, and i am unable to travel there again to have it unlocked.

Is there any way to bypass this? Buy a new SSD with pre-loaded Windows?

Info:

PC in question - DELL Latitude E7240
OS - Windows Enterprise

Any additional information you might want, just say so and i will do my best to provide it.

J.S.

Solution
Hello J.S.

I'm afraid we're not going to be able to help you with this one. Since there is no way for us to verify that you're situation is genuine member's of Tom's can't help with any type of password bypass or reset.

Luminary

Admirable
Hello J.S.

I'm afraid we're not going to be able to help you with this one. Since there is no way for us to verify that you're situation is genuine member's of Tom's can't help with any type of password bypass or reset.

Solution

Stiensen

Distinguished
Oct 27, 2016

I totally understand, Luminary. I didn't really expect you to be able to help me. I thank you for the quick reply. :)

Luminary has it completely right and I'm pleased to see you understand our position.

The unco-oroperative IT man would be overruled by either a senior member of the admin or teaching staff and you can't be the only person with this problem so give them a call or a personal visit.

Status
Not open for further replies.