I don't have an administrator password (never did) to use for restoring or anything ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pegoll

Reputable
Jun 4, 2015
I'm a relative 'newbie' on pc's, and even more so with Win 8.1. I am, imo, being held a 'hostage' by my laptop, and I can't do hardly anything with it because I need an administrator password, for everything. I input a administrator user, but not a password. I'm not sure how that happened but now I can't do a thing. I can't even hook up a new printer because of it.

I don't know what to do, and am at a complete loss.

This has more than likely been asked and probably answered here, as I'm hearing and seeing all over the place that more and more Win 8 users area having the same or similar problems. One posted she had to get a Win 8 disc and start over.

Is this the only way to do it for someone like me who feels like they are in a maze while working with Win 8?

I trust the folks here and am hoping for an answer a 'newbie' like me can understand.

Thanking you in anticipation.
Sunny

Solution
It is against Tom's policies to help anybody circumvent a password. We have no way to verify that this is in fact your PC. Contact your laptop manufacturer for assistance.
Status
Not open for further replies.