[SOLVED] i dont have some drivers in windows 11 vs windows 10

Jan 27, 2022
In windows 10 on my asus rog strix b450-f gaming II i have chipset, lan, audio, and vga drivers in the download page. whereas in windows 11 i only have chipset and vga. Do i need to install some of the windows 10 drivers on my windows 11 pc?

Solution
You should first open up the Device Manager and see if there are any devices that are marked not operational. Usually you would need the Intel Chipset Drivers and the Serial IO drivers from the chipset section of the windows 10 page. Other than those, you should not download any drivers that are not called for in the Device Manager and cannot be provided by Windows Update. If there are drivers that you need that are not included on the Windows 11 page then you could download the Windows 10 driver since that's just sloppy website maintenance by ASUS webmaster.
You should first open up the Device Manager and see if there are any devices that are marked not operational. Usually you would need the Intel Chipset Drivers and the Serial IO drivers from the chipset section of the windows 10 page. Other than those, you should not download any drivers that are not called for in the Device Manager and cannot be provided by Windows Update. If there are drivers that you need that are not included on the Windows 11 page then you could download the Windows 10 driver since that's just sloppy website maintenance by ASUS webmaster.

Solution