i dont know how to install windows 7 from windows 7 oem cd its so complicated

Joyce_45

Prominent
Jun 12, 2017
It is very complicated. When my mom bought my pc, we dont have any computer software or hardware knowledge. The OS was already installed, my desktop was plug and play when i got home from school. After 3 years, my hard drive suddenly breaks and when i bought a new one, i wanted to install my previous os since it was legit bought from a computer store, but it was OEM, its not straight forward, when i insert it to dvdr drive, on startup, a command prompt showed us as my friend said it, and it has typed in wpeinit, i dont know how to install the windows 7 starter from windows 7 oem pre installation kit, when i read it from a friends pc, it said that i need to have a technician pc, but i cant afford another pc, im only a student, and cant afford a new OS since we only ask my moms friend if they can lend us money for my computer. So help, if you can please straightforwardly tell me how to install windows 7 starter using oem preinstallation kit, the license key is in the back of my pc, and i have the oem cd but i dont know how to use it.

Solution
Is the disk you have for Win 7 Starter? If not, it will not let you use the key on the system. If it is the correct version, boot off the disk and it will start the setup. You should have an option to select the disk to boot from using an F key when the computer starts.
Is the disk you have for Win 7 Starter? If not, it will not let you use the key on the system. If it is the correct version, boot off the disk and it will start the setup. You should have an option to select the disk to boot from using an F key when the computer starts.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS