[SOLVED] i dont know how to turn on my built in case fans

Oct 11, 2019
So i have a rosewill atx mid tower gaming pc case with four pre installed 120mm cooling fans and im using the b450 tomahawk mobo. The question i have is how do i get these stock fans running? I cant find a cable so im thinking its already plugged in from the backside of the case. Pls help.

Last edited:
Solution
The instructions on how to connect the fans are clearly outlined in the manual, which is located here:

That being said, I would recommend NOT using the integrated fan hub to control the fans because it only allows you to select various static speeds. It does not allow for variable controls like you get when connected to the motherboard. I would disconnect the fans from the hub on the backside of the motherboard tray portion of the case, in the cable management chamber which is accessible by removing the right side case panel, and connecting them to the chassis fan headers on your motherboard. You will need to then go into your BIOS setup program and either...
The instructions on how to connect the fans are clearly outlined in the manual, which is located here:

That being said, I would recommend NOT using the integrated fan hub to control the fans because it only allows you to select various static speeds. It does not allow for variable controls like you get when connected to the motherboard. I would disconnect the fans from the hub on the backside of the motherboard tray portion of the case, in the cable management chamber which is accessible by removing the right side case panel, and connecting them to the chassis fan headers on your motherboard. You will need to then go into your BIOS setup program and either verify that the chassis fan headers are set to Auto configuration, OR set them manually to DC controls rather than PWM since these are 3 pin fans that are included with the case.

Solution