[SOLVED] I dont know if i just broke my motherboard

Oct 11, 2019
So i was trying check if my cpu was the reason for my pc not booting up to show the bios. I unscrewed my cpu fan cooler to check and after that i tried to screw it back in to realize those springs inside the holes where u screw the cooler was gone. The motherboard is a msi b450 tomahawk and im using the amz ryzrn 3600 stock cooler. Pls help.

Solution
It appears the backplate fell away from underneath the CPU. Take the rear/bottom of the case off and you should find it. Just locate it underneath the CPU with the four posts inserted into the holes in the motherboard then the screws on the heatsink will have something to screw into. The springs should be on the heatsink screws as they are.

You'll not be able to boot the system until the heatsink is back on top, hopefully that's why you're getting the red light. Once you get the heatsink mounted on top again if it still doesn't boot follow the instructions for flashing using the 'flash button' but this time with the correct BIOS file located on a USB flashdrive inserted in the correct USB port as shown in the video Calvin7 linked...
So i was trying check if my cpu was the reason for my pc not booting up to show the bios. I unscrewed my cpu fan cooler to check and after that i tried to screw it back in to realize those springs inside the holes where u screw the cooler was gone. The motherboard is a msi b450 tomahawk and im using the amz ryzrn 3600 stock cooler. Pls help.

The motherboard's not broke... just find the missing springs and put it back to together. The cooler might be 'broke' if you can't find the springs though. Maybe you've friends who don't use their cooler and you can get theirs.

Oct 11, 2019
The motherboard's not broke... just find the missing springs and put it back to together. The cooler might be 'broke' if you can't find the springs though. Maybe you've friends who don't use their cooler and you can get theirs.
Yeah i tried to find those little springs and i think it got stuck inside the cooler screws when i unscrewed it. I cant get them off and now they are stuck in it. Can i mount a different cpu cooler without having to use those four screw holes around the cpu?

Oct 11, 2019
About that, i flashed the bios without any flash drive and after that the bios wont even show up but the fan keeps running. The mobo had red led lights showing on the back. What could that mean? Did i just waste 100 dollars with a single button? :/
That motherboard has Flash BIOS Button. You need to update BIOS to use 3000 series CPU.
MSI HOW TO use
Flash BIOS Button
That motherboard has Flash BIOS Button. You need to update BIOS to use 3000 series CPU.
MSI HOW TO use
Flash BIOS Button

MSI HOW TO use
[URL='https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&ved=2ahUKEwjo9Y7JuJXlAhUSTt8KHYxxCNQQwqsBMAB6BAgJEAQ&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DiTkXunUAriE&usg=AOvVaw1p0G5dQN6xFHONfzXhc5Qe']MSI HOW TO use
Flash BIOS Button

Flash BIOS Button[/URL]

It appears the backplate fell away from underneath the CPU. Take the rear/bottom of the case off and you should find it. Just locate it underneath the CPU with the four posts inserted into the holes in the motherboard then the screws on the heatsink will have something to screw into. The springs should be on the heatsink screws as they are.

You'll not be able to boot the system until the heatsink is back on top, hopefully that's why you're getting the red light. Once you get the heatsink mounted on top again if it still doesn't boot follow the instructions for flashing using the 'flash button' but this time with the correct BIOS file located on a USB flashdrive inserted in the correct USB port as shown in the video Calvin7 linked. Follow all the instructions in the video closely, including extracting the file from the archive and renaming it.

Solution
Oct 11, 2019

You'll not be able to boot the system until the heatsink is back on top, hopefully that's why you're getting the red light. Once you get the heatsink mounted on top again if it still doesn't boot follow the instructions for flashing using the 'flash button' but this time with the correct BIOS file located on a USB flashdrive inserted in the correct USB port as shown in the video Calvin7 linked. Follow all the instructions in the video closely, including extracting the file from the archive and renaming it.
Thanks man ^^