I dont know if im able to use this graphic card with my pc. Please help me

rhyanandrews40

Prominent
Dec 20, 2017
Ok so im very new to this kind of thing and little to no experience with it. I have an old intel desktop motherboard and it is fitted with a radeon hd 7470 which has a pci express 2.1 x16 interface type and im looking to upgrade to a gtx 1050 ti because all my other specs are moderate enough to run the undemanding game overwatch which is all i play right now but i would just like some advice on whether this upgrade is possible due to my current gpu being pci express 2.1 x16 when a gtx 1050ti is a pci express 3.0 x16

Solution
The difference in pci-e spec wont be a problem, however some of the newer cards just dont work on older motherboards, so we cant guarantee it will work.
The 1050 Ti is in fact a newer card. There is no newer Nvidia card in that performance bracket.

Assuming your CPU is adequate, the 1050 Ti will make you very happy. That 7470 is essentially an HD 6450 that has been overclocked. That is to say, it's a horrible card for gaming. Even if all you got was an RX 460 or GTX 1050 your gaming experience would be drastically improved.

rhyanandrews40

Prominent
Dec 20, 2017
All i know is that it is an intel desktop motherboard so its pretty old and not meant for gaming but here are my other specs.
Intel Core 2 Duo E7500 @2.93GHz @2.93GHz
Intel Desktop motherboard
Radeon HD 7470
500GB SEAGATE Hard drive
I think a 500w psu but dont know for certain
Stock CPU Cooler

And before anyone says anything. I know that i will have quite a bit of bottlenecking here but it isnt a problem as i will be able to get a Asus H110M-r mobo and Intel core i3-6100 but its just for now it is my gpu that needs upgrading.

Use cpu-z & let us know the actual motherboard model

rhyanandrews40

Prominent
Dec 20, 2017
Ok what im going to do is get a gtx 1050 ti and test it with my motherboard if it doesnt work i will sell it and get a gtx 950 but will the 950 work with my motherboard. And please if the 1050 ti doesnt work does anyone have any suggestions on what gpu will work and what i can get. My psu is the oldest part of my computer and doesnt have any 6pin power cables but if there is a card that needs a 6pin card that i should really consider. i am willing to try one of them 2 4pin molex cables to one 6pin

rhyanandrews40

Prominent
Dec 20, 2017
Hi, i would like to thank everyone who participated in this post and i am making this solely as an update for you all. I decided to take quite a yolo move and proceeded to buy the graphics card i fitted it today and i am glad to announce that it works with my motherboard and my games are performing alot faster :) thank you all and have a very merry christmas

TRENDING THREADS