[SOLVED] I dont know if my GPU is broken ?

May 9, 2021
Hey, so I am not sure if my GPU is broken. I currently have a RTX 2070 Super and I get weird Artifacts on my 2 and 3 Monitors. I would describe the Artifacts as little Green points flickering on my Monitor, each Point is maybe only a few Pixels big, but I have a lot of them over the whole monitor just flickering. Sometimes the whole Monitor Glitches out like it's completely distorted with striped in it etc.

The second problem I have with the Card since the Glitch/Artifact stuff started is that as soon as I play a game or use a GPU intensive program like After Effects I cant play any Video (Youtube) on a second monitor it will just load then play for a sec and then load again, or it goes Black screen completely & besides that the Artifacts get worse as soon as I start a game or After Effects etc. I still should have warranty on the Card, but I am wondering if the GPU is really broken or is it a Software problem ?

My Drivers are up-to-date as well as Windows. The problem started 3 Days ago so a while after I updated my Drivers. The GPU Temperature is 50c in Idle and 55-60c while Gaming ( I don't have less FPS since the problems started). My system Specs are: RTX 2070 Super, AMD Ryzen 7 3700x, 32gb RAM and all of that is on an MSI B450 board, like I said Drivers are up-to-date as well as Windows I currently use Windows 11, but the problems started a while after updating almost a Month. Here is a Video of the Green Artifacts, you can't see them good, but they are visibly in the Vid Artifacts Video. Sorry for my Bad English, it's not my first languages.

Last edited:

Ralston18

Titan
Your English is fine.

PSU is a likely suspect. Update your post to include PSU: make, model, wattage, age, condition.

= = = =

And Windows 11 is not at all ready for general use. Users will likely be chasing problems for months to come - consider using Windows 11 as "testing".

Likely any number of problems will come and go as the Windows 11 is changed/fixed/tweaked etc..

The various hardware drivers may or may not be "keeping up" and thus will be glitchy, buggy, inconsistent, and otherwise not working as expected.

May 9, 2021
Your English is fine.

PSU is a likely suspect. Update your post to include PSU: make, model, wattage, age, condition.

= = = =

And Windows 11 is not at all ready for general use. Users will likely be chasing problems for months to come - consider using Windows 11 as "testing".

Likely any number of problems will come and go as the Windows 11 is changed/fixed/tweaked etc..

The various hardware drivers may or may not be "keeping up" and thus will be glitchy, buggy, inconsistent, and otherwise not working as expected.
Thanks for the answer. I tried Windows 10 as well I have the same problems there as well. The PSU is a BeQuiet 750 Watt it is about 1 Year 4 Months Old Condition should be good no visible Damage or anything else.