i dont know if these are compatible. HELP ME

Solution
With a GTX 970, you'd probably have to use at least a 500W PSU for a gaming rig.
I'm guessing from your post that the "GTX 970 GAMING 4G" is the MSI model with the aftermarket cooler.
It MAY take a little bit more power due to having more thermal headroom for overclocking, but it should comfortably stay within the 500W range for overall system power. (If you pair it with an 85W Intel CPU, you'd be sitting at <300W average on full load for the entire system).

You should be on the lookout for whether the GPU needs 6-pin (almost universal) or 8-pin (higher capacity PSU) PCI power cables.
Other than that, you should expect to have zero problems with that setup.

alexandergc

Distinguished
Jan 8, 2012
With a GTX 970, you'd probably have to use at least a 500W PSU for a gaming rig.
I'm guessing from your post that the "GTX 970 GAMING 4G" is the MSI model with the aftermarket cooler.
It MAY take a little bit more power due to having more thermal headroom for overclocking, but it should comfortably stay within the 500W range for overall system power. (If you pair it with an 85W Intel CPU, you'd be sitting at <300W average on full load for the entire system).

You should be on the lookout for whether the GPU needs 6-pin (almost universal) or 8-pin (higher capacity PSU) PCI power cables.
Other than that, you should expect to have zero problems with that setup.

Solution