[SOLVED] I don't know if these thing are compatible

Bloushi

Prominent
Oct 15, 2019
I'm thinking of buying a "T-FORCE SSD 1TB WHITE" but i read something about the "5v ad" and i don't know if my motherboard has that ,my motherboard is z370 gaming plus , Please help me

Solution
It's talking about a 5 volt ADD header, pretty much used to sync up the RGB lighting effects for the drive. It's literally shown in the pictures on amazon what that looks like:

8ebe44de-3213-4452-8b95-8f85a6db5bf1._CR0,0,970,600_PT0_SX970__.jpg

You don't need it in order for the SSD to function. From what I can find your board does not have a 5v ADD header, I think it does have an RGB header but you'll need a controller with 5V ADD ports to make ti work, it's more work than you should deal with, I would recommend getting a less tacky SSD.

A simple Samsung EVO or Crucial MX500 SSD will be just as fine, if anything they're a...
It's talking about a 5 volt ADD header, pretty much used to sync up the RGB lighting effects for the drive. It's literally shown in the pictures on amazon what that looks like:

8ebe44de-3213-4452-8b95-8f85a6db5bf1._CR0,0,970,600_PT0_SX970__.jpg

You don't need it in order for the SSD to function. From what I can find your board does not have a 5v ADD header, I think it does have an RGB header but you'll need a controller with 5V ADD ports to make ti work, it's more work than you should deal with, I would recommend getting a less tacky SSD.

A simple Samsung EVO or Crucial MX500 SSD will be just as fine, if anything they're a little faster actually.

Solution