Question I don't know much about Ryzen boards

Fate05

Prominent
May 2, 2019
Heya folks,

My friend is upgrading his CPU and mobo and gave me the task of finding him the components. I grabbed him a Ryzen 2600 and can't decide between a few boards. Aorus Gaming 7 X470, Aorus Gaming 5 X470, Aorus Gaming Ultra, MSI Gaming ProX470, MSI Gaming Pro Carbon X470, Asus Tuf X470-Plus and Asus Prime X470 Pro. He loves to listen to music, only needs 1 m.2, Wi-Fi doesn't really matter and he will OC a decent amount.

Thanks in advance,
Fate05

The MSI X470 Gaming Pro Carbon is the board I bought for a build that I'm doing for a family member. I put the Ryzen 5 2600X on it, and topped that with the Wraith Prism cooler, then put two of the G.Skill F4-3200C14D-16GVR sets into the DIMM sockets. An EVGA GTX 1660 XC, a Corsair HX759, a Thermaltake Urban S41 case, and a bunch of Silent Wings 3 fans rounded it out.

It's a worthy system, for a quick build, and I'm certain that I won't be called-on to do anything additional to it for years.

I would highly recommend that particular MB.

Last edited:

Fate05

Prominent
May 2, 2019
The MSI X470 Gaming Pro Carbon is the board I bought for a build that I'm doing for a family member. I put the Ryzen 5 2600X on it, and topped that with the Wraith Prism cooler, then put two of the G.Skill F4-3200C14D-16GVR sets into the DIMM sockets. An EVGA GTX 1660 XC, a Corsair HX759, a Thermaltake Urban S41 case, and a bunch of Silent Wings 3 fans rounded it out.

It's a worthy system, for a quick build, and I'm certain that I won't be called-on to do anything additional to it for years.

I would highly recommend that particular MB.

Seems like a good build tbh. Out of those mobo's above what would be your top 3 choices

Well, it's easier for me to pick a mfr and stick with them, because I get to know their idiosyncrasies, so I've camped-out on the MSI doorstep for the time-being. It may sound like I'm brand loyal, but it's more like brand lazy, so I'd have to admit to staying with either of the two MSI options you listed. That doesn't mean that the other boards aren't better. It just means that, if they are, I haven't bothered to look at the research saying that they are.....so, take my opinion with a grain of salt.

Fate05

Prominent
May 2, 2019
Well, it's easier for me to pick a mfr and stick with them, because I get to know their idiosyncrasies, so I've camped-out on the MSI doorstep for the time-being. It may sound like I'm brand loyal, but it's more like brand lazy, so I'd have to admit to staying with either of the two MSI options you listed. That doesn't mean that the other boards aren't better. It just means that, if they are, I haven't bothered to look at the research saying that they are.....so, take my opinion with a grain of salt.

Lmfao. All good man. I wi definitely consider them 😊. Thanks a lot