Question I dont know what to do with my PC :c

MejiMOCO

Commendable
Aug 29, 2019
Hi, today im asking for help here because I dont know what to do to fix this computer, it drops a blue screen when im doing anything, playing , searching something , its just randomly. First im gonna explain when and how this all started

1. Some months ago it was working fine, everything was working fine, then, around 30th November of 2019, it started turning off whenever it wanted, without a blu screen error, it was just turning off.
Then it started not giving any image on the monitor , it just turned on but didnt give any image on the monitor, i thought it was the outlet of my room (where it was connected everytime) it is old and didnt be changed in around 5 years. I went to a technician to ask for some help, he just said stupid stuff (for example that it was a keyboard problem, wtf?) i searched about this problems and i found out that it was the power supply , it was a generic one and didnt have any warranty (it came free with the case), when the technician changed somethings on my pc it turned on, but we didnt make any tests (opening a program or a game to test if it was working really fine) all this stuff was happening with the generic power supply, i arrived to my house with my "fixed" pc , i connected everything , turned it on and it really turned on, i was becoming happy , just opened a game and 2 minutes after that it turned off like it turned off when it wasnt working fine. I just decided to look for a new power supply, then i changed it for a budget one (not generic it atleast has a 5 year warranty and its very good for its price) i plugged everything and turned it on , yes it was working fine, it was making less noise than before everything (even before when my pc was working fine with my old power supply) i just played some games and i was finally happy that the problems finally ended, night arrived and i turned it off, went to sleep and woke up the next day , ate some breakfast and connected my pc , turned it on and it turned on fine, i was searching something on internet and i decided to went to another room to call my mom and ask her when was the last time that my room outlets were changed, she said that probably 5 or 7 years, i went back to my room and just saw it, my pc was turned off like it was with all this problems, i knew that it was that goddam outlet, i moved my pc to another room where outlets where "new". Plugged everything and yes , it turned on and worked fine, everything was working fine and i could even play games without any problems, then the problems started again.
I know that it isnt a power supply power anymore, its a motherboard ram modules problem, when my pc started working fine connected in this new outlet , i wanted to check all my specifications, there is when i noticed that my pc was not recognizing all my RAM, just 8GB , i had 24 gb of ram plugged on my motherboard and they were working fine before all this problems, then my pc started randomly dropping RAM related blue screen errors like PAGE_NON_PAGED_AREA or MEMORY_MANAGEMENT (that was the first one) or DRIVER_LESS_EQUAL or something like that and sometimes they were just repeating, problems related with RAM or Drivers. I just disconnected my pc , opened it up (using that surgical gloves or however they are pronounced in english , those that doesnt affect computer components) i checked that all RAM was fine , connected as they should, then i started disconnecting some of them, turning my pc on and checking if it was giving image on my monitor, it wasnt giving any image when i disconnected some of them, i disconnected every RAM except of 2 , the middle ones (my motherboard has 6 RAM modules and they all were filled with my 24GB) it didnt give any image , they i connected 2 more (4 RAM modules filled) it turned on fine and it gave image on the monitor. thats the last time that i changed something of my pc , the 2 remaining RAMS are saved on my room, but the pro blems continued , it still drops blue screen error when it wants , when im playing a game or doing something, but i have some questions that i think you guys please could answer to me, im just to desperate about this pc

1. If the PC doesnt have enough RAM to work , it could affect the pc drivers?

2. If you think it is a Drivers problem , why they are showing right now and didnt show up before. My drivers are updated, except for the graphics one that arent updated because my Windows version isnt compatible with the last versions , but it is like that since i turned on my pc for the first time

3. Yesterday it just turned off without displaying any blue screen error, but there is a minidump (blue screen register) from yesterday on the minidump folder of windows, it also turned on but stopped giving image on the monitor after 2 or 3 minutes after it turned on fine.

4 If i change the motherboard, all this problems could be solved?

It isnt an overheating problem, i checked every temperature of every component and they were fine , and sometimes before it drops a blue screen error when im searching something on internet, the page of Opera drops a message like this page has stopped working (like if it would be out of resources "RAM") and then it just drops a blue screen error and the pc restarts.

I would be very grateful if you guys could explain me something or ask my questions
Here are my PC specifications:

Motherboard: ASUS P6TD Deluxe Edition

Processor: I7 980x 3.33Ghz

RAM: 24GB DDR3 (now just 8GB :c, there are 16gb plugged on my mobo but it is only recognizing 8)

Graphic Card: GT 730 4GB DDR3

Hard Drive: SSD 250GB and HDD 500GB

My PSU is the Thermaltake 700w Smart Series , and its very new, less than a month old, the old one was a generic one , a "Micronics" 550W power supply and it was working since May of 2019

My Bios version is American Megatrends Inc. 0608, 21/09/2010

If you have any questions or answers please leave them in the comments, thanks :c

Last edited:

MejiMOCO

Commendable
Aug 29, 2019
You forgot to include the make and model of your PSU as well as it's age. I apologize but that huge wall of white text on a black background was hurting my eyes.

Which BIOS version are you on for your motherboard?
My PSU is the Thermaltake 700w Smart Series , and its very new, less than a month old, the old one was a generic one , a "Micronics" 550W power supply and it was working since May of 2019

My Bios version is American Megatrends Inc. 0608, 21/09/2010