[SOLVED] I don't know what to do!

RedzoneDj

Reputable
Dec 10, 2019
I am looking to sell my Macbook Air 2017. I wiped the whole darn thing including the OS and now it tells me it can't reinstall from the backup as it's Damaged. I have tried to format a USB and boot the mac from that but for some reason the USB is not displaying as a bootable drive. Would anyone have any suggestions? Seems like such a simple thing to solve but I must be missing something.

I created the bootable drive via Transmac on windows and downloaded Mac Os Siera onto the USB. The Macbook wont detect it as a drive but I can see it there in the Disk Utility.

Many thanks.

Solution
I am looking to sell my Macbook Air 2017. I wiped the whole darn thing including the OS and now it tells me it can't reinstall from the backup as it's Damaged. I have tried to format a USB and boot the mac from that but for some reason the USB is not displaying as a bootable drive. Would anyone have any suggestions? Seems like such a simple thing to solve but I must be missing something.

I created the bootable drive via Transmac on windows and downloaded Mac Os Siera onto the USB. The Macbook wont detect it as a drive but I can see it there in the Disk Utility.

Many thanks.

The drive might not have been properly created.

You could use Recovery Mode, to install a fresh copy of MacOS over the Internet.

Power off your Mac...

Many thanks.

You could use Recovery Mode, to install a fresh copy of MacOS over the Internet.

Power off your Mac.
Press the Power button and immediately press the command and R keys together.
If you're not connected to the Internet, choose a network from the Wi-Fi menu that appears at the top-right corner of the screen.

Select Install Mac OS, then click Continue.
Wait until is done.......

It should be good to go as soon as it reboots.

Solution

RedzoneDj

Reputable
Dec 10, 2019

Power off your Mac.
Press the Power button and immediately press the command and R keys together.
If you're not connected to the Internet, choose a network from the Wi-Fi menu that appears at the top-right corner of the screen.

Select Install Mac OS, then click Continue.
Wait until is done.......

It should be good to go as soon as it reboots.

Hi Jojesa. I know I'm 2 years too late, but thank you for your response on this. I didn't get any noti so I assumed nobody responded...

Thank you again! Hope you are well.

Redzonedj :)

Reactions: BooTheFearless