[SOLVED] I dont know what to do...

Mar 25, 2021
Ok so, I have this pc of mine, it was working fine, and then all of a sudden, its just stops working... Here is what I know:

I have run tests on the gpu in another motherboard and that worked, but that motherboard is also faulty, but I dont care for it much anyways, and as said the psu is brand new

Turns on
Stays on
I cant turn it off without unplugging the whole system
Nothing shows on monitor
Fans spin
Power supply is brand new

Specs:

Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-MA770T-UD3P
Cpu: Amd Phenom II
Graphics card: Asus gtx 550Ti
Power supply: Besta pt - 500 (500W)
Case: Coolermaster CM 690
ram: 2gb kingston ddr3

I had this pc working but as I said before it just stopped working all of a sudden...
Please help

Solution
You guys seem to have it wrong, the psu is 500 WATT, and it's actually pretty good, and I can assure you it's not the problem, I've tried numerous different psu's and I get the same result...
Having 500 in the model number does not make it a 500w PSU. Even if they advertised it as a 500w unit the specs clearly indicate it is not actually capable of that wattage.

The 12v rail is the most used rail in a modern system and a good quality PSU's advertised rating will match or be very close to it's 12v output. The 12v rail on the pt-500 is 17a(204w) so you have a low quality 200w psu not a 500w psu.

That low grade of PSU can easily destroy some to all of the components it's suppose to power.

bignastyid

Titan
You guys seem to have it wrong, the psu is 500 WATT, and it's actually pretty good, and I can assure you it's not the problem, I've tried numerous different psu's and I get the same result...
Having 500 in the model number does not make it a 500w PSU. Even if they advertised it as a 500w unit the specs clearly indicate it is not actually capable of that wattage.

The 12v rail is the most used rail in a modern system and a good quality PSU's advertised rating will match or be very close to it's 12v output. The 12v rail on the pt-500 is 17a(204w) so you have a low quality 200w psu not a 500w psu.

That low grade of PSU can easily destroy some to all of the components it's suppose to power.

Reactions: idkwhattocallmyself
Solution