i dont know what to put for a title..

Status
Not open for further replies.

ghuang135

Prominent
Mar 4, 2017
Hi, I'm a 14 year old girl that has a lot of laptop problems. And the main one has got to be the sound. Well, the problem is, every time I listen to music without my ear buds, it would play for 30-60 seconds and then the sound would just be cut off. And then I would have to pause the song, and then play it again after a minute or two. And the sound used to work with ear buds, but now it doesn't. The YouTube video plays fine, just without the sound. My laptop is a Toshiba, and I've had it for a couple years already. I know absolutely nothing about fixing laptops, much less fixing the sound. Does anybody know how I can fix this??

Solution
You might have damaged the earphone socket on the laptop. Essentially when you plug in the earbuds the speakers get turned off ... via a small switch in the socket. Try putting the earphone buds in the earphone socket a couple of times and see if the sound comes back on the speakers.
You might have damaged the earphone socket on the laptop. Essentially when you plug in the earbuds the speakers get turned off ... via a small switch in the socket. Try putting the earphone buds in the earphone socket a couple of times and see if the sound comes back on the speakers.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.