I don't like the new home page menu

Hello all,
I have feedback about the new menu layout seen on the Tom's Hardware home page. I'm sure most (if not all) of the forum's users have noticed that the menu on the home page has gone from a menu that shows the number of unread posts and unread private messages to a menu that shows nothing but your username and just puts a little dot in the corner when there are notifications.

I don't really like this new menu. I've compiled a list of my complaints:

1) I find it to not be as convenient as the old menu. In the old menu, I could just hover over it and it would pop up with unread posts and I could go straight to whatever post I want to go to. With the new menu, I have to hit Tracked Threads and it takes me to the page where it shows me all of the threads that I'm following. Unless I'm missing something, there's no way to jump straight to an unread post when using the new menu.

2) The new menu has been giving me what I'm calling ghost notifications. What I mean by this is that there will be the little dot that tells me that there's something I haven't read, but when I go to the Tracked Threads page, there's nothing new. I can even mark all as read and the problem doesn't stop. I have to keep going between the Tracked Threads page and the home page until the bug decides to stop bothering me.

3) The new menu doesn't always open on the first try. Sometimes the menu doesn't open when I hover over my username, so I have to refresh the page until it works. Sometimes this takes four to five refreshes and other times it never clears until I visit the Tracked Threads page via entering the URL in Firefox's address bar.

Here's what I've done to try to make sure the issues are not on my end:

1) Disable all browser add-ons and extensions
2) Clear all browser data
3) Using different browsers (tried Firefox, IE and Edge all on my main Windows 10 machine)
4) Using a different computer (I've tried it on my Windows 7 machine and my Ubuntu VM on said Windows 7 machine and the behavior does not change)
5) Using my mobile device's data connection instead of my home WiFi or Ethernet.

None of the above methods have yielded a change in menu behavior so I'm pretty sure that the issue is not on my end.

Just in case some of you are confused about the old menu vs the new menu, pictures are below. The top two are of the old menu and the bottom one is of the new menu.

oqXtBgH.jpg

XuYuad4.jpg

7MR7CBi.jpg

I hope that others are experiencing this issue as well and that it's not only me. I don't want to be wasting everyone's time with an issue that only exists for me.

Thanks in advance to all that respond,

Darren

Well, for one you have screen captures from two completely different pages.

The first 2 are from the "Forum" page (http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/) and the third is from the home page (www.tomshardware.com). It's been this way since the change over to a new home page layout many months ago.

Colif

Win 11 Master
Is one to replace the other? Or is there a difference based on the forum software?

I never use the homepage, I go straight to forums but then that is a habit I have had for 16 or years on almost every forum I am a member of.

Okay, so about when a new post popped up about a new function being seen in the Tags feature, my problems with the home page menu seem to have gone away. I still prefer the old one though, but I guess if the general opinion is in favor of the new one then I'm not going to accomplish much by ranting here...

Thanks everybody for your input.