I don't notice any performance difference after Upgrading CPU

Jun 1, 2018
I recently upgraded my CPU from an i5-6500 to a R5 1500x for more gaming performance however i don't really notice any difference in performance, is it just me or did i make a bad choice in terms of CPU?

previous specs: Gigabyte 1070 G1
i5-6500
16GB ddr4 2400mhz
MSI h110m gaming

Newer specs: gigabyte 1070 G1
Ryzen 5 1500x
16GB ddr4 2400mhz
MSI B350 gaming plus

And on a side note, any idea why my motherboard is reading ram speeds as 2133 mhz instead of 2400?

Solution
Ryzen processors benefit of higher speeds in the RAM modules, but anyways you are jumping from a modest 4 core to a modest 8 threaded which should definitely be running faster.

Which kind of improvement were you expecting?

The 2400 speed maybe is a overclocked speed and therefore you should enable XMP in your MoBo settings (BIOS/UEFI).

Phazoner

Distinguished
Ryzen processors benefit of higher speeds in the RAM modules, but anyways you are jumping from a modest 4 core to a modest 8 threaded which should definitely be running faster.

Which kind of improvement were you expecting?

The 2400 speed maybe is a overclocked speed and therefore you should enable XMP in your MoBo settings (BIOS/UEFI).

Solution
For games that use 4 cores/threads or less that was a side grade at best. Only in games which can use more cpu cores/threads might you see a difference.

As mentioned above enable XMP to get the RAM running at 2400mhz.

What resolution is your monitor? At 1080p you will see a difference between cpu’s in some games. At 1440p or higher any difference is going to be small.

Jun 1, 2018

Yep I got the ram to run at 2400mhz, also my monitor is 1080p 144hz, i'm not playing very intensive games right now, i'll try later on

Also can you give me a small list of mainstream games that use more than 4 cores/threads? i might have some of them and i'd like to try things out