Question I don't really know what CPU to buy?

Jun 21, 2020
I don't know if I should go for Ryzen 3800x or Intel I7 10700k. I want a PC that will be good for gaming, streaming and editing.

The 10700K is more expensive, requires a decent cooler (but really, the R5 3600 seems to as well given many folks getting 85C temps with theirs), but, is faster at everything gaming-wise...

If getting just a mid-range GPU, the R5-3600 is plenty, and priced most excellently these days...

Reactions: Oski_Gaming
The 10700K is more expensive, requires a decent cooler (but really, the R5 3600 seems to as well given many folks getting 85C temps with theirs), but, is faster at everything gaming-wise...

If getting just a mid-range GPU, the R5-3600 is plenty, and priced most excellently these days...

The issue with high core temps with a 3600 and the stock cooler is due to lack of experience. Many of the posts with temp issues start with "this was my first build and..."

Too much thermal paste, adjusting BIOS settings without knowing what they do and poor pc case airflow are the primary causes.

I have a 3800x and the stock Wraith would perform well for most applications. Folding @ Home was the only thing I ever saw push the stock cooler past 80C.

The 3900x and the stock cooler are a completely different story, it just can't handle 12 cores. AMD should sell the 3900x without the Wraith.

TRENDING THREADS