I don't remember my password for my router and I need to connect my iphone4S to it so that I can do my updates so how do I get

Solution

Yeah, it's a real gray area. The rules say not to "Ask for help pirating, cracking passwords, or bypassing copyright protection", and since resetting most routers resets the passwords, it could be seen as cracking a password. To play it safe, I'd treat it the same as bypassing a PC's password.

Casey

No2rdame

Honorable
Aug 21, 2013
I know asking about getting around passwords is usually frowned upon on this forum, but in your case since you have the router available to you, look for a reset button on it. You may need to look up the particular model and how to reset it but it's usually quite easy to revert it back to factory settings. Just don't forget to reconfigure it once you've reset it.

cklaubur

Distinguished

It's not just frowned upon, it is against the forum rules. I'm sure there are plenty of people on this forum who would like to help.

Casey

cklaubur

Distinguished

Yeah, it's a real gray area. The rules say not to "Ask for help pirating, cracking passwords, or bypassing copyright protection", and since resetting most routers resets the passwords, it could be seen as cracking a password. To play it safe, I'd treat it the same as bypassing a PC's password.

Casey

Solution