• Now's your chance win big! Join our community and get entered to win a RTX 2060 GPU, plus more! Join here.

Meet Stan Dmitriev of SurrogateTV on the Pi Cast TODAY! The show is live August 11th at 2:30 pm ET (7:30 PM BST). Watch live right here!

Professional PC modder Mike Petereyns joins Scharon on the Tom's Hardware Show live on Thursday, August 13th at 3:00 pm ET (8:00 PM BST). Click here!

Question I don't see a switch user option on my Windows 10 account and can't login. How do I get back access?

Jun 22, 2020
I had given my laptop for repair in February before the COVID pandemic caused a global shutdown and recently got it back. My laptop apparently has an existing user account (probably someone from the shop).
I cannot try this:
https://www.howtogeek.com/222262/how-to-reset-your-forgotten-password-in-windows-10/
because I don't have a usb drive to create an installation media (can't buy it either because everything is still closed) and I am unable to locate the person whose account currently exists on my laptop.

Is there any other way that I can gain access again?

How about your own user you had on that laptop?

You're at the mercy of the repair shop. If your laptop has DVD drive, ask a friend to burn Windows DVD for you.

As a last resort: If you can easily remove the drive from your laptop, bring it to a friend with a desktop (so that you can connect it internally), and perform above procedure.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS