[SOLVED] I don't see a switch user option on my Windows 10 account and can't login. How do I get back access?

Jun 22, 2020
I had given my laptop for repair in February before the COVID pandemic caused a global shutdown and recently got it back. My laptop apparently has an existing user account (probably someone from the shop).
I cannot try this:
https://www.howtogeek.com/222262/how-to-reset-your-forgotten-password-in-windows-10/
because I don't have a usb drive to create an installation media (can't buy it either because everything is still closed) and I am unable to locate the person whose account currently exists on my laptop.

Is there any other way that I can gain access again?

Solution
How about your own user you had on that laptop?

You're at the mercy of the repair shop. If your laptop has DVD drive, ask a friend to burn Windows DVD for you.

As a last resort: If you can easily remove the drive from your laptop, bring it to a friend with a desktop (so that you can connect it internally), and perform above procedure.
How about your own user you had on that laptop?

You're at the mercy of the repair shop. If your laptop has DVD drive, ask a friend to burn Windows DVD for you.

As a last resort: If you can easily remove the drive from your laptop, bring it to a friend with a desktop (so that you can connect it internally), and perform above procedure.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS