[SOLVED] i dont think my GPU is running at the performance its supposed to RTX 2080TI

Dec 25, 2018
i had a i5-7500 and a gtx 1060 3gb and now i have a 17-8700k and a 2080ti msi gaming trio but i think theses something wrong i get about the same frames in every game the only game theses a difference in lag is blackops 4 but fortnite and other games i get the same frames i downloaded all the drivers i needed to and even reseted my pc but im still getting the same peformance

Solution
Do you have a 60 hz monitor and vsync turned on ?

If you do not disable vsync in the nVidia control panel you will never go over 60fps regardless of GPU used...if you have a Gsync monitor to run that 2080ti on then make sure you've set the drivers and monitor to run Gysnc and are using the correct monitor cable to allow Gsync to run at full speed.
Do you have a 60 hz monitor and vsync turned on ?

If you do not disable vsync in the nVidia control panel you will never go over 60fps regardless of GPU used...if you have a Gsync monitor to run that 2080ti on then make sure you've set the drivers and monitor to run Gysnc and are using the correct monitor cable to allow Gsync to run at full speed.

Solution