Question I dont think my pc is performing as it should

4AR0N944

Honorable
Jul 3, 2017
I got my pc about a month ago, i built it myself. It's been great but I thought i'd be able to play rust 60+fps at max settings but it cant and i often get lag spikes. This might just be my pc being trash but i just wanna know. Any help would be appreciated

Specs:
CPU - Ryzen 2600X
Motherboard - Gigabyte Aorus Elite
GPU - GeForce RTX 2060
Ram - 8GB x2 Corsair Vengeance
Storage - 500 GB SSD M.2
PSU - 650 watt gold rated

Your PC isn't trash. I have a 4 years old GTX 1070 which is ~6% slower than your 2060 and I play Rust at max settings. Rust is not really an optimized game to start. Lots of stutters, laggy servers. You can't get smooth flawless gameplay on that game but you should be able to get 60 fps with that card.

What speed are your DDR4 RAM?

What is your PSU? Brand and model.

Go there.
https://www.userbenchmark.com/

Download the "Free download" benchmark. Run that benchmark with nothing running except the benchmark. It's not a very accurate benchmark but it shows some details about your system and how they perform. If you have a problem we will see.

4AR0N944

Honorable
Jul 3, 2017
Your PC isn't trash. I have a 4 years old GTX 1070 which is ~6% slower than your 2060 and I play Rust at max settings. Rust is not really an optimized game to start. Lots of stutters, laggy servers. You can't get smooth flawless gameplay on that game but you should be able to get 60 fps with that card.

What speed are your DDR4 RAM?

What is your PSU? Brand and model.

Go there.
https://www.userbenchmark.com/

Download the "Free download" benchmark. Run that benchmark with nothing running except the benchmark. It's not a very accurate benchmark but it shows some details about your system and how they perform. If you have a problem we will see.
Speed is 3200mhz
PSU is Steampunk Gold 650W, the model is PS-650SP
The results are:
UserBenchmarks:
CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 2600X - 73.4%
GPU: Nvidia RTX 2060 - 84%
SSD: PNY CS3030 500GB SSD - 146.9%
RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200 C16 2x8GB - 90.7%
MBD: Gigabyte GA-B450 AORUS ELITE

It also says for overall:
'Overall this PC is performing below expectations (39th percentile). This means that out of 100 PCs with exactly the same components, 61 performed better. The overall PC percentile is the average of each of its individual components. Use the charts in the benchmark sections of this report to identify problem areas.' but the results aren't that bad? I'm not sure.