I don't understand how the fan hub on the Phanteks Enthoo Pro works. Explain please!

Mondra

Reputable
Mar 7, 2015
My build
http://pcpartpicker.com/p/RG6jCJ
So, basically I wanna know everything. What pin is the hub? Will all the fans register in the motherboard program? Where would I connect the power for the hub? If in the CPU fan power, where would I plug in the cpu fan so the mb program would recognize it as one?

Mondra

Reputable
Mar 7, 2015
Also, does this mean I can use 3-pin fans, and the MB software will recognize and use it as a 4-pin fan? If not, can the software still use it(talking about the asus z97a)? Sorry if I sound completely stupid. Milkshakes.

Mondra

Reputable
Mar 7, 2015
Welll, someone on another thread posted that the included hub has 2 CPU fans, which would actually be perfect for the 2 fans that I need for my AIO CPU water cooler. The guy also said that the other 4 ports are for normal fans, and that I can use splitters for the hub. Now, all I need to find out is if that hub uses 3 or 4-pin fans. (the one you were talking about is a 3-pin to PWM modulator or something like that, so the included hub might do the same thing?