Question I don't understand the fps changes in GTA Trilogy: Definitive Edition, asking for assistance

Apr 9, 2023
So, I've been playing this normally on 1080p, on a 4k monitor, decent framerate on a 1050ti.
But then I get out of the game in order to check something in the browser, and when I'm back the fps goes to around 10. I've managed to fix this a couple of times by just randomly changing from windowed to fullscreen, pressing alt+enter, double clicking the tab and whatnot, but I'm not exactly sure what I'm doing. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.
I've been playing full screen, normally, with 50-60 fps, even without the blur - which is odd considering it is a 4k monitor. When I turn the game on again, I get low fps and also a blurry image.
I have downloaded the IntegerScaler but I'm not quite sure how it works.

So you play games on 1080p on a 4K screen ? Why ? Because of the GTX 1050 Ti ? Anyway, what are the rest of your PC specs, including the make and model number of your PSU and CPU and RAM config ?

Is it only this GTA game which exhibits such a behavior, or even other PC games on your system lag ? I'm asking this because if even other games are on the same boat, then most likely something in your OS, or any background process/app/software might be causing this lag, by eating up some system resources. Just guessing here.

Else, if it is only GTA then it might be a game specific issue. Do you have the game on Steam, EGS or you bought it directly from Rockstar's website ? What is the GPU/CPU temp usually while playing GTA and other games ?

Do you have latest NVIDIA drivers installed as well ? Don't use "IntegerScaler" for the time being please.

Apr 9, 2023
So you play games on 1080p on a 4K screen ? Why ? Because of the GTX 1050 Ti ? Anyway, what are the rest of your PC specs, including the make and model number of your PSU and CPU and RAM config ?

Is it only this GTA game which exhibits such a behavior, or even other PC games on your system lag ? I'm asking this because if even other games are on the same boat, then most likely something in your OS, or any background process/app/software might be causing this lag, by eating up some system resources. Just guessing here.

Else, if it is only GTA then it might be a game specific issue. Do you have the game on Steam, EGS or you bought it directly from Rockstar's website ? What is the GPU/CPU temp usually while playing GTA and other games ?

Do you have latest NVIDIA drivers installed as well ? Don't use "IntegerScaler" for the time being please.
Thanks for your response.

The rest of the specs are irrelevant, because as I said - the game was working perfectly, nothing has changed except going from fullscreen to windowed, multiple times ('cause I'm an idiot who wanted to check if there are any new messages from chicks on my browser!)

All of the games of the trilogy exhibit such behaviour.

I was playing normally, but I kept changing from the game to the internet browser. I don't think it has anything to do with resources (Ryzen 3600, PSU is fine, the temps were fine, etc., I was running MSI Afterburner to check the fps and temps constantly)

How can it be related to drivers, why would the game change in such a short span of time, with the same specs, same ''resources''? And it went a bit on and off, but I wasn't quite sure what I did to fix it, until I was not able to anymore and I quit the game.

Why do you not recommend IntegerScaler?