[SOLVED] I don't want to use up the Christmas budget on my PC, can you help?

Ziferous

Reputable
Feb 18, 2017
This time several years ago I wanted my first gaming PC. The problem was, I couldn't get it. Now I can, but I don't want to break my Christmas budget (because I still want to give presents to my family). How can I save myself from using up the budget?
Current Gaming PC Build: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/7wshk6
Some extra notes: I have already seen power color's cheap version of the RX 5700. I know it is 280 some dollars. Although I was and still am quite apprehensive about its build quality, performance, and sound, so i have decided I would rather get a better quality one I know will not have as many problems (but I am still open minded, if you can prove to me it is worth it, chances are I'll get it).
The parts of the build I am really speculating are the memory, psu, and storage. I already have a 500gb WD ssd, so I figured a 1TB hdd would store all my games and projects.
Also, I want this build to be future proof, so I am getting a x-570 motherboard so I don't have to worry about it for a while.

Solution
Now I can, but I don't want to break my Christmas budget (because I still want to give presents to my family). How can I save myself from using up the budget?
Get them all fruitcakes and you'll make the budget go further. I recommend looking for last year's stock to get the best value. : D

Some extra notes: I have already seen power color's cheap version of the RX 5700. I know it is 280 some dollars. Although I was and still am quite apprehensive about its build quality, performance, and sound, so i have decided I would rather get a better quality one I know will not have as many problems
Yeah, I would probably steer clear of any of the RX 5700s using the reference blower-style cooler, as they tend to run hot. Almost...
Now I can, but I don't want to break my Christmas budget (because I still want to give presents to my family). How can I save myself from using up the budget?
Get them all fruitcakes and you'll make the budget go further. I recommend looking for last year's stock to get the best value. : D

Some extra notes: I have already seen power color's cheap version of the RX 5700. I know it is 280 some dollars. Although I was and still am quite apprehensive about its build quality, performance, and sound, so i have decided I would rather get a better quality one I know will not have as many problems
Yeah, I would probably steer clear of any of the RX 5700s using the reference blower-style cooler, as they tend to run hot. Almost any of the models with multi-fan coolers will run cooler and quieter than the reference versions. Also, PowerColor typically only provides 2-year warranties while most other manufacturer's offer 3-years of warranty coverage. They do offer some cards with much better coolers though, albeit at higher price points.

You could of course consider an RTX 2060 as well. Those tend to come within 10% of an RX 5700's performance on average, and you may see some on sale at lower prices. They include hardware support for raytraced lighting effects too, in the handful of games that support them so far, though performance tends to be questionable with that feature enabled in this generation of hardware.

As far as future-proofing goes, I'm not sure X570 will be much more future proof than B450 or X470. You get PCIe 4.0, but it will likely be many years before that provides any tangible benefits for a gaming system. Currently, you wouldn't notice any substantial performance difference running an RX 5700 in even a PCIe 2.0 x16 slot, let alone a 3.0 one with double the bandwidth. And as far as storage is concerned, for most real-world tasks like loading games, fast NVMe SSDs tend to provide only slightly more performance than even SATA SSDs. So, cutting back on the motherboard could be a good way to help bring the budget down without affecting performance.

I'd also ditch the $33 worth of fans if you are looking to shave the price down, as I believe that case already comes with two fans. At most, I'd probably just add one additional fan, to have two in the front and one in the back.

Solution