I downclock my cpu to a minimum and still can't play my NBA 2k18, GTA 5, PUBG etc.

Sep 1, 2018
So, i started overclocking like 2 months ago without an issue at all and this pc is new and was build like 5 months ago and the problem started like a week ago when i was playing nba and pubg fine and suddenly my pc hangs and crashes and now it got worse cause instant crash even in the lobby sometimes. I already tested all the temps using CPU-Z and HWMonitor to see if any of my hardware is in high temps turns out all of them are in normal temps with a 45 degrees maximum..... The thing is, I can play friking League of Legends with no problems at all at 3.6Ghz which is my normal baseline but when i get to NBA 2k18 its instant crashing my pc with black screen, orange screen, blue screen, green screen any of the colors you name it i had all of it. the only solution to my problem is downlocking to a minimum of 10Ghz and using MSI afterburner to downclock all the settings as well but sometimes it still crashes after like 10 mins or so....Like i dunno what to do anymore i dunno if my psu is the problem because i changed it with different one and still has this problems

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 2400g with raden vega graphics (turns out this vega graphics is causing error when being installed therefore damaged)
GPU: MSI GTX 1060 3gb
Motherboard: Gigabyte A320-S2H-CF
Memory: DDR4 8Gbytes

Sep 1, 2018

Model : SE-AVR 1000
Automatic Voltage Regulator
Input : AC 160 - 260v
Output: AC 110/220v Both regulated
Max Starting Wattage: 1000w
Energy Saving (Round Transformer)
S/No
what do you mean A320 chipset damn so i shouldn't have overclocked it in the first place... now its damaged.

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
That's not a psu. Psu is the internal power supply, not the automatic voltage regulator you use to clean up dirty power coming from the power station.

Vega graphics is the integrated graphics, inside the cpu, and should not be of any use with a dedicated graphics card like the gtx1060. Although vrumor was somewhat correct, the 1060 only needs a decent 430w psu, any decent 500w will be more than good enough.

You shouldn't be able to OC at all on an A320 chipset mobo, the bios shouldn't allow it, the most you could do is lock the cores at max turbo.

I would suggest 2 things. First, update the bios from gigabytes website, make sure you follow directions exactly, don't be tempted to do something stupid like turn off the pc in the middle, you'll brick the mobo and render it useless.

Second, I'd do a complete reinstall of any and all drivers, starting with gigabytes website and any drivers like lan, video, audio, USB, Sata etc for the motherboard. Save all drivers including the gtx1060 from nvidia to desktop before installing. Use DDU from guru3d.com to clean out all the old drivers, then reinstall from the one on your desktop.

Sep 1, 2018

THank you bro i'll try to do that right now and i already changed my psu to 600 watts maximum so its all good sorry i wronged you guys cause that was my old psu the new one is actually 600 watts.

Sep 1, 2018

he's right im using an avr right now haha

Sep 1, 2018

So yeah i'm using a secure AVR it can go to 500 watts the manufacturer said it was new and im still getting like crashes ingame to my normal setting which is 3.6 Ghz auto on my cpu so i still don't understand why
should i still use an AVR for my pc or should i just change it completely to a better psu i don't wanna waste money :(

Sep 1, 2018

still no luck after everything you said :( the only problem maybe is my psu or some other hardwares :( no solution for now...

Cpus have fail safes that will always keep temps in safe levels and will shut down the CPU if the temps get too high,since at normal speeds you get insta crashes and when downclocking you get a few minutes worth of performance it's very possible that it's a cooling problem.
Maybe the cooler isn't seated correctly or something.

Sep 1, 2018
I don't know about that cause i already check the temps on my hardwares all on low temperatures even on normal settings but maybe in 2 days we visit the manufacturer he could open our pc to see if there's a problem right now i just can't play any games due to the crashing problems. i have to force shut down each time.

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
Pull out the gpu and just use the Vega graphics. Try it on a game known to crash.

I see you've got 4 possible problem points. Gpu, mobo, psu, drivers. You'll have to mix n match to try and eliminate as much as possible any causes, but colored screens are most usually a gpu failure or drivers.

Sep 1, 2018
My brtoher bought this computer and somehow he doesn't want to fix it yet and i need to use this computer and i can't seem to use for even just 10 mins without the black screen n stuff i need help. i think im the only one who needs to open this computer and check if theres damage on gpu or mobo already :(