[SOLVED] I downloaded the firmware update and sound quality became worse

bazonrobert

Commendable
Jul 4, 2018
i recently purchased the hyperx cloud 2 headset and i downloaded a firmware update from their official site and now the sound quality became worse and all the sounds are muffled i need help getting the old firmware back

Solution
In agreement with @Mandark.

However, times being as they are, I suggest that you be a bit more proactive.

Two suggestions:

1) Try the download again. It may or have been corrupted.

2) If the second attempt fails, try an older update.

HyperX may be behind on responses due to Covid issues, weather....

Or staff may know that there is a problem with firmware and may simply ignore such problems until the firmware is eventually (and quietly) fixed.

==== Beyond Firmware ====

Try Windows built in troubleshooters. The trouble shooters may find and fix something.

Next: Right click the small speaker icon usually found in the lower right screen corner.

You should then see a 5 item menu relating to things "audio". Explore all of...

Ralston18

Titan
In agreement with @Mandark.

However, times being as they are, I suggest that you be a bit more proactive.

Two suggestions:

1) Try the download again. It may or have been corrupted.

2) If the second attempt fails, try an older update.

HyperX may be behind on responses due to Covid issues, weather....

Or staff may know that there is a problem with firmware and may simply ignore such problems until the firmware is eventually (and quietly) fixed.

==== Beyond Firmware ====

Try Windows built in troubleshooters. The trouble shooters may find and fix something.

Next: Right click the small speaker icon usually found in the lower right screen corner.

You should then see a 5 item menu relating to things "audio". Explore all of the Windows, tabs, and properties etc..

No need for immediate changes. Just take a look at what is there and the audio options available to you. You may discover that some configuration setting is not what you set or expected.

Solution