Question I dropped my laptop yesterday and now I have problems running Games

Mar 1, 2021
Yesterday I dropped my computer, bottom down onto tile. I inspected it on the outside and nothing seemed wrong. I thought nothing of it, I went to go play some games and the performance was lower, causing lag. I had optimized these games for my computer so they would run fine. The kind of lag is that it continuously goes up in fps then drops, continuously in that cycle. I have tried looking on the inter net and nothing seemed to work. I've checked in side my laptop and nothing seemed broken or out of place.

Mar 1, 2021
Does it use an SSD (good) or spinning drive (concern)?

I have a 1tb HDD for my main storage and a SSD that has windows on it. All of my games are on my HDD. Also, it purely lowered all of my performance in all games. Games i would get 60 fps i would get 30-40 fps

Last edited:
Mar 1, 2021
Does it use an SSD (good) or spinning drive (concern)?

I have a 1tb HDD for my main storage and a SSD that has windows on it. All of my games are on my HDD. Also, it purely lowered all of my performance in all games. Games i would get 60 fps i would get 30-40 fps

I just tried playing a game, Spintires, on both my SSD and HDD to see if my HDD is the problem and the problem still occurs on my SDD as well