Question I enable Virtualization in Bios reboot and it's off.

Rdgeno

Reputable
Aug 28, 2019
I enable virtualization in bios so I can use VB or VW in Windows 10 Pro, it doesn't work, I enable and disable everything in Windows with the hyperv as i'm supposed to I go back to bios and its off.
I'm using an HP, I don't think all the other details would be useful since it seems to be a bios problem, but if you want them I'll post them it's just strange in my laptop I didn't need to touch s thing in bios but the HP just keeps resetting it.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
And if anyone gets advice from electro_neanderthal his words are true he helped me solve one issue today.

Rdgeno

Reputable
Aug 28, 2019
Yes everything is normal just Virtualization keeps changing, I contacted HP, they didn't say much of anything my bios is up to date and I have no issues with the computer at all, the only thing I could thin of is it does have three SSD''s Windows 10 Pro Windows, 10 Home Kali Linux 2019.4 a Hybrid back up one HDD could the Windows 10 Home and Kali Linux be the problem?
I have never heard of an OS altering bios but I could be wrong.

TJ Hooker

Titan
Ambassador
Hmm, I think I vaguely remember hearing something about Linux interacting with the BIOS differently than Windows. But I don't know if it could be changing settings, especially if you're seeing it change without ever booting into Linux. So that seems unlikely.

The only other thing I can think of is that there is some weirdness resulting from using an OEM BIOS/motherboard, which can often be locked down or lack settings. Maybe it doesn't actually support that option despite listing it? Grasping at straws here.

Hopefully someone else will come along with some more ideas.

Rdgeno

Reputable
Aug 28, 2019
Hey sorry to torture you with it, I've been banging my head against the wall with it your idea about the board is way better than HP. They just din't give an clue to answer. Thanks again I really appreciate the try you have a good day.

Reactions: TJ Hooker