Jun 3, 2021
I enabled UEFI secure boot and now my pc won’t boot to bios??? When I click the power button the pc turns on and the lights from my keyboard light up but the screen is black and there is no sign of the bios. I tried to fit f2, f10, f12, and del to try and go into bios setting but nothing happens and the screen remains black, please help!!!

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

You might want to disconnect from the wall, entirely, then remove the CMOS battery from the motherboard for at least 30 minutes. Replace the CMOS battery and try to power up, while spamming the DEL key, to get into BIOS and set everything as needed, without Secure Boot, ofc. Speaking of BIOS, what is the make and model of your motherboard? Don't forget to make sure your storage controller is set to AHCI and nothing else.

Reactions: DaveXtrem_X
Jun 3, 2021
My motherboard is a Dell XPS 8700 Z87 LGA 1150 and a little background, I have a 500gb hhd and I upgraded to 1tb ssd and cloned my hhd to my ssd and was trying to boot from the ssd but I changed the start up boot to UEFI secure boot and now my pc won’t boot to bios. I tried taking the cmos out for 30 secs three times, but this time I’ll leave it out for 30 mins and report back with an update on the pc, thanks.

Jun 3, 2021
I have the old hhd in and just left the cmos out for 30 mins and spanned del but nothing then I tried to spam f10 and f12 but nothing, is there another solution I can try?

Colif

Win 11 Master
You might want to disconnect from the wall, entirely, then remove the CMOS battery from the motherboard for at least 30 minutes.
That may not be enough.

1. pc must be disconnected from power;​
2. remove battery;​
3. press power button to discharge PSU high voltage capacitors;​
This should be enough, but if not, then next step will surely reset BIOS​
4. additionally short battery contacts on motherboard or use CLEAR_CMOS jumper.​

Jun 3, 2021
I tried this but the keyboard and mouse lights just start flickering off and on then stay on while the screen is black, I’m very confused and don’t know what to do???