Question I fear my PC might be getting attacked

tunatuna302

Notable
Aug 9, 2018
I was talking to a creepy dude a few days ago and he told me some weird things about my computer that make me feel uncomfortable so I didn't talk to him ever since, but I am fearing if this guy could be attacking my pc. Please help me so I can know how to deal with this situation. Programs I learned from a little bit of research: npcap, or pcap, not sure, and Wireshark, I am getting THOUSANDS of things being sent to me, (idk what is being sent) it says 97 percent is from ONE ip, and 33 percent from another (please tell me if this is normal it is still continuing to scan what is being captured from WI-FI). I don't even know what to do at this moment. If you would like to talk to me personally, I can give you my Discord for quick messaging.

tunatuna302

Notable
Aug 9, 2018
stop being panicky it's probly nothing :) backup any important data you may have (which you should do anyway) and carry on with your life!

you could go into control panel, firewall, advanced and set up a rule to block all packets from that ip if you really want.
what if that IP doesn't affect my pc in a bad way, what would happen? Also when I looked in netstat -ano, I found some PIDs that were established but I couldn't find them in task manager.

tunatuna302

Notable
Aug 9, 2018
something would stop working, you can then say oups and disable/delete the rule you just made. just name it so it's easy to remember/find :)
I don't quite understand what you mean by "disable/delete the rule you just made. just name it so it's easy to remember/find", I might be over exaggerating but what if he actually has access to my computer, and how can I find that out?

By sent, I assume you mean to your email.
You can block a domain to keep from getting those emails.
Do not respond or they will know you are a live one and nou will get even more messages from the list of "live ones" that they sell to other spammers.

Unsolicited input Always hurts. Stop it if you can.

tunatuna302

Notable
Aug 9, 2018
Do not respond or they will know you are a live one and nou will get even more messages from the list of "live ones" that they sell to other spammers.

Not my email, I saw 13k things being sent to my Network from WireShark

tunatuna302

Notable
Aug 9, 2018

when you make the firewall rule, it's gonna ask amongst another things for a name for the rule. pick something that you'll remember in case youll wanna find it again.

once created you can disable it or delete it too.

I've got two other questions here, first of all, how do I make a rule, what rule, and what does the rule do? Also, I actually made my game network firewalls set to public until I found that it should be private. I wonder if hackers can find my information from there, and how do I make ALL my games set to private? on the firewall, I don't see just one name for the games, there are a bunch of the same games and the same names, like
Apex Legends (English) eng_US Private
Apex Legends (English) eng_US Public
Same for other games, but some have only 1, 2 or 10, with different things saying Domain, Public, or Private. Do I need to do about 30 of them one by one, or is this fine, or what do I do? I am getting paranoid because of knowing there might be people wanting to access my private info.

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
Disconnect from the internet. Run through your pc and delete everything from those 2 ip's. Run your Antivirus and malwarebytes programs. Use revo Uninstaller or iobit to remove any programs that shouldn't be there. Use bit-defender or other firewall program to block all traffic on any port from those ip's. Change your Wi-Fi password. Then get back online.

Those spam attacks don't really hurt the pc as such, but what they do do is flood your bandwidth with so much crap that they'll sneak things like keyloggers or other Trojans in under your nose. This gives them access to your private/personal info which they then sell to advertising ppl who then flood you with ads and pop-ups for sites you visited. If you can block them early enough, they'll move on looking for easier prey.

tunatuna302

Notable
Aug 9, 2018
Disconnect from the internet. Run through your pc and delete everything from those 2 ip's. Run your Antivirus and malwarebytes programs. Use revo Uninstaller or iobit to remove any programs that shouldn't be there. Use bit-defender or other firewall program to block all traffic on any port from those ip's. Change your Wi-Fi password. Then get back online.
Do you want me to do all these steps at once? btw I should let you know that I use Malware-Bytes and scanned and deleted 62 suspicious PUPs already. How do I delete everything from those two ips and what if they are something that keep my WI-FI alive, would there be any side affects and effect it in a bad way? What does revo installer and iobit uninstaller do?

tunatuna302

Notable
Aug 9, 2018

Those spam attacks don't really hurt the pc as such, but what they do do is flood your bandwidth with so much crap that they'll sneak things like keyloggers or other Trojans in under your nose. This gives them access to your private/personal info which they then sell to advertising ppl who then flood you with ads and pop-ups for sites you visited. If you can block them early enough, they'll move on looking for easier prey.
I also didn't see anything saying flood in WireShark but I saw this video
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MphYj90_eJA
but the only thing that caught my attention was thousands of things sent to his ip from the ddos ip. It said something said flood but I didn't see that for me

tunatuna302

Notable
Aug 9, 2018
1000 emails or other such from the same ip is a flood
Thanks, could you answer my top wanted 2 questions too?: First of all, how do I make a rule, what rule, and what does the rule do? Also, I actually made my game network firewalls set to public until I found that it should be private. I wonder if hackers can find my information from there, and how do I make ALL my games set to private? on the firewall, I don't see just one name for the games, there are a bunch of the same games and the same names, like
Same for other games, but some have only 1, 2 or 10, with different things saying Domain, Public, or Private. Do I need to do about 30 of them one by one, is this fine, or do I do something else?

tunatuna302

Notable
Aug 9, 2018
Don't play Apex legends, so not really any idea what that's about, but it looks like a listing for servers.
Does setting the firewall to public either affect the game or my personal info? How would I know that a PERSON is ATTACKING my computer and what to do about it? Also why not play it? I don't really anyways but why?

Last edited: