[SOLVED] I feel a shock when I touch metal even with a anti static bracelet

darylprater

Prominent
Jun 3, 2017
Does that mean it's not working? It's a very small shock. It doesn't hurt but I can tell i had static built up on my body. Should I be worried?

No it happens. You can make a tower ground strap. Find an old USB device, cut the end, crimp all wires to a metal alligator clip or an eyelet. Clamp on to the PSU mounting bolts rear of tower. Find a same thread bolt but longer and a jam nut. Rig up a post to clip on to. Plug the USB cable into any port on the Motherboard not the front panel. This may help.
A USB gives out voltage and you want to cut the end of a USB cable and crimp them together, then plug it into the computer? Not sure how that will get ground, but you will definitely short out your USB. _ Do NOT Do This

If the OP gets back to me I can suggest him, because that is one of things I have done many many times over for customers of mine. But I need to know what country he is in to offer pratical advice.

As for the insulation, sure that will be grounded, but still won't help him unless we know where he is in the world. Your explanation of what you said, says crimp all cables together and put them on the chasis. Which is definitely wrong....

darylprater

Prominent
Jun 3, 2017
Please let me know what country you are in.

The USA. It's a simple question though, I dunno why my country matters. I also have a anti static mat, it has the metal clip attached to it. But I dunno if I am suppose to stand on that, or if I sit the computer on that.

I think if I still hear or feel a shock when I touch metal the bracelet isn't working. The bracelet is suppose to stop that static electricity from building up.