Question I feel like i have a decent PC but i can hardly run games

Nov 10, 2019
I think i have a maybe decent PC i have owned it for almost a year but over time i have not been able to run games even on the lowest settings in a single player game i have been experiencing heavy stuttering and lag to the point where it is unplayable.
I have the alienware aurora r7 Windows 10 Home 64-bit Intel Core i5 @ 2.80GHz 8.00GB Single-Channel Unknown @ 1329MHz 4095MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 931GB Seagate

Wolfshadw

Titan
Specifically WHICH Intel Core I5 processor?
8GB of RAM in single channel is really holding you back in you have a lot of bloatware running in the background. Recommend upgrading to 16GB (2x8GB).
Graphics card is fine.
Assuming that storage is a hard disk drive (HDD) and not a solid state drive (SSD)

First thing I'd do is remove any and all bloatware ("free" software running on your system not being used, but taking up resources). Ideally, a clean install of Windows (downloaded from Microsoft) would be optimal, but not always feasible.

Next, I'd upgrade the RAM to a 2x8GB configuration. While you might be able to just add a matching stick of RAM to what you currently have, you'd probably have better luck with just getting a kit to replace what is currently installed.

Finally, I'd consider an upgrade to an SSD and if you are able to clean install Windows, do so onto this drive.

-Wolf sends

TRENDING THREADS