I feel like I have ruined my internet..

Oct 20, 2018
maybe a month or two ago i was fiddling around a lot with my router settings, with my firewall, and port forwarding. Ever since then my internet has been wonky and its been frustrating me.

I thought it was the routers problem so I went and bought one of the new smart routers, and still having the same problem.

I have called my ISP, and they sent a tech guy he looked into it and said everything is good on our side its the router that probably has the issues. which is true because the modem has what the download speed should be which is around 115-120, and the routers download speed ranges from 0.5 to 120 download speeds, usually around 60 and under.

Inconsistent download speeds isnt my only problem. My computer disconnects from the internet for a few seconds or a few minutes throughout the day. Ping goes up and then it disconnects. Something I have done to try to fix this was buying a new ethernet cable since the one I had was probably over 10 years old, and still the same problem.

I have also reset my computers firewall settings, and haven't done any port forwarding with my new router..