Question I feel like my CPU fan speeds are changing

Mockingjason

Commendable
May 22, 2019
Hello. I have an R7 2700x. I went into the BIOS and set all of my fans on full speed. But I feel (and can hear) like my fan speeds are changing. Is there an executable that can control cpu fan speeds?

Fluctuations are unavoidable, even at 100% full speed operation. Minor variances in voltage or reference signal will almost always cause at least minor changes in fan motor output. I think the more important question here, and granted, it's totally your business, but why in the world you would WANT your fans running full speed all the time?

That is something that most of us pay moderate amounts of money to completely avoid, when possible. Seems weird to do it on purpose.

Reactions: Mockingjason

Mockingjason

Commendable
May 22, 2019
Fluctuations are unavoidable, even at 100% full speed operation. Minor variances in voltage or reference signal will almost always cause at least minor changes in fan motor output. I think the more important question here, and granted, it's totally your business, but why in the world you would WANT your fans running full speed all the time?

That is something that most of us pay moderate amounts of money to completely avoid, when possible. Seems weird to do it on purpose.
Thanks for telling me.

Sure. I'm glad to help you further if needed but I'll need some backstory into your reasoning for wanting full speed operation from your fans at all times if that's something you are interested in looking at. It could be that you are simply going about this the wrong way, OR that what you are seeing is not the same as the kind of minimal variance I am talking about, and it could be due to a combination of reasons such as a poor fan controller, cheap quality fans or other issues like thermals that are exceeding Tjuncture and should be addressed rather than trying to throw high speed fan operation at it.