I feel like my CPU or pc is underperforming

Apr 24, 2018
So i recently got a pretty good gaming pc that i've built myself. It has the following specs:

i5 8600k
Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB
8GB of HyperX Fury 2400mhz DDR4
Asrock PRO
120GB SSD
500w Chieftec power supply

i'm currently confused from what i had experienced so far. I was waiting for Intel to publish their 8th gen and i was pretty hyped to get my hands on this beast of a CPU. From what i've seen this CPU is pretty good and outperforms the last gen. I'm not planning to OC because my power supply probably can't handle it (which i suppose is a good choice). Lets get straight to the point. From what i've seen while playing games it seems like my CPU isn't handling players , structures that well. Could the base clock be the issue or my CPU isn't getting enough power from my PSU? Or its just a game being poorly optimised which i don't think its the case.

For people who play fortnite:

Landing tilted gets me around 70-90fps which i don't think it's normal. I've seen people with 6600k getting better framerates.

The question is am i right or just tripping or its not a cpu related problem?

I feel like the performance is 50% less then it should be.

Am i out of my mind or what? :D

wakafaka

Reputable
Jan 24, 2016
Your CPU turbo boost is up to 4.3 Ghz..You can check it in Task manager/CPU tab if it goes near 4.3Ghz your Turbo Boost is working.CPU is fine then.If the Intel turbo boost is disabled you should have 3.6Ghz as max speed(which should be enough for decent fps anyway)
Check your ingame GPU usage with something like MSI Afterburner.At the best case scenario GPU is near 99/100% load on normal clock speeds+boost that means it is working fine.If it is restricted by ingame FPS limiter(single core options ingame) or something else your load is going to be lower

FYI:1060 overclocked tops at 150 wats.Your CPU efficiently overcloked will be around 120-140W max.So you will be fine with the power supply.But remember that you don't need overclock for games with this GPU anyway.