i feel like my pc is not getting the required performance!

adharsh1996

Prominent
Feb 4, 2018
i have intel i3 2nd generation processor 6gb ram and 2gb amd r5 230 graphics..most of the games runs in min requirements(even games 5 years before)..i dnt know whats the problem..please help me with this..thank you!

Solution

I apologize in advance if I sound harsh.

Your PC was weak when it was built. It has a weak CPU, insufficient RAM for gaming by today's standards and the GPU is equal to integrated graphics on an Intel processor, so it is the WEAKEST part of your computer. The fact that this PC plays games even on minimum requirements is a miracle.

Your PC is NOT for gaming. It will be a decent computer for writing essays, browsing the web and watching movies or youtube. But definitely not for gaming. Specially if you want to play...

Techron

Reputable
Sep 3, 2014

I apologize in advance if I sound harsh.

Your PC was weak when it was built. It has a weak CPU, insufficient RAM for gaming by today's standards and the GPU is equal to integrated graphics on an Intel processor, so it is the WEAKEST part of your computer. The fact that this PC plays games even on minimum requirements is a miracle.

Your PC is NOT for gaming. It will be a decent computer for writing essays, browsing the web and watching movies or youtube. But definitely not for gaming. Specially if you want to play the Latest and Most Demanding games at even LOW graphical settings with at least 30 FPS@1080p.

You should think about what games you want to play. What resolution and what settings you want to play them at and How much money you are WILLING to spend for That Experience. If you can give us something like that we will be able to help you build a decent gaming rig to play your games the way you want to play them.

Solution
The R5 230 graphics card was quite low-end when it launched, and that was several years ago. You're really going to need a faster graphics card to play recent games. At the very least, you would want something with comparable performance to a current-generation enty-level card, like an AMD RX550 or Nvidia GT1030, which should handle most newer games at 720p resolution reasonably well, and some at 1080p with lowered settings. Those should be multiple times faster that the card in your system now. You should be able to find either of those cards for less than $100 USD. Moving up to a more mid-range card like a GTX 1050 would be even better, but they of course cost more, and the prices of mid-range cards are rather high at the moment.

Techron

Reputable
Sep 3, 2014

We have to also to keep in mind that his CPU and RAM probably won't meet the Official minimum requirements for New games specially AAA Titles in a year from now.

I suspect those are probably "good enough" for running most of today's games at 30+ FPS though. Some recent games do call for at least 8GB of RAM, but the majority of titles that are popular now still have minimum requirements calling for just 4 to 6GB. RAM is kind of expensive right now too, so it could be worth holding off a bit on upgrading that for the time being if there's only a very limited budget to work with.

And sure, the processor won't be ideal for running many newer games at 60fps, but it will likely handle most recent games at upward of 30fps. The graphics card is by far the most in need of an upgrade compared to anything else in the system, and even a low-end card could vastly improve gaming performance over what it must be now.

TRENDING THREADS