[SOLVED] I feel like my system doesnt peform aswell as it should!

HWTag2

Distinguished
Sep 13, 2016
So my system has been under performing for a while I thought it was just because I had slow RAM so I upgraded form 2400mhz to 3600mhz to see little to no increase. I have checked XMP.
I was wondering why this could be because i installed windows fresh and my system is good. I upgraded from the 1050ti to 2060 a while back and i didnt see much increase. Does anyone have any ideas.
https://pcpartpicker.com/list/ZcRzzN

Solution
So, just a few things.

I know you have updated your BIOS to some degree as it boots. Are you on the newest recommended?
The RAM you are using is running at a higher frequency than the 2700 really "needs". You could consider running a lower frequency and trying to tighten up the timings a bit.
Are you OC'ing the 2700? I assume stock cooler, don't see other cooling options....temps?
The recommended PSU for your GPU is 500W. The one you are using is of questionable quality.
Ok. We're talking about CoD Warzone. That's good to know.

These "videos of similar specs". What are their specs? What in-game settings are they using?

Dropping the in-game settings to low on most/any game will put more stress/emphasis on the CPU. The CPU tells that GPU whats in each frame, the GPU draws the full/detailed picture. If you require the GPU to include less detail by lowering quality settings, it can do its job faster, and eventually may end up having to wait for the CPU to tell it what to draw for the next frame. This is pretty easily determined by monitoring GPU usage (%). You generally want your GPU usage to be at/near 100%. If it's not, you're CPU-limited.

punkncat

Champion
Ambassador
So, just a few things.

I know you have updated your BIOS to some degree as it boots. Are you on the newest recommended?
The RAM you are using is running at a higher frequency than the 2700 really "needs". You could consider running a lower frequency and trying to tighten up the timings a bit.
Are you OC'ing the 2700? I assume stock cooler, don't see other cooling options....temps?
The recommended PSU for your GPU is 500W. The one you are using is of questionable quality.

Solution