Question I feel like this is overkill

dietrichlehr

Honorable
Jun 2, 2018
I’m looking to upgrade completely from the old PC build I did myself 8 years ago. I don’t want to assemble it myself and will be buying from a custom PC seller. Below is the breakdown of what I built, but it seems a bit on the high end for what I need. I just haven’t had the time to research like I did the last.
My goal is to run flight simulators in VR and get the best experience. I also play COD and other FPS shooters and would like to max settings. If any of these components could be downgraded, what would you recommend?

Edit
I should’ve clarified I’m only asking about the hardware specs, not the additional bells and whistles. Namely the CPU, GPU, mobo, and power supply. The other frivolous items didn’t add anything significant to the cost, but I’m most interested in if these core parts are overkill for my intent to VR flight sims and play FPS at max settings.

I can shop around for better pricing, but I’m looking for the hardware first without buying more power than I’ll actuall need.

���������������
Please keep a record of your unique configuration number. You can view the configuration below. Follow this link to edit or reconfigure this system:
http://www.ibuypower.com/Store/Intel-Z390-Core-i7-Plus-Configurator/W/689151
Intel Z390 Core i7 Plus Configurator
CaseDeepcool NEW ARK 90 Tempered Glass RGB Gaming Case - includes RGB Liquid Cooling-
Case LightingiBUYPOWER RGB Lighting-[FREE] 1 RGB Lighting Strip
iBUYPOWER Labs - Noise ReductionAdvanced - iBUYPOWER Harmony SRS Sound Reduction System - includes 4 x be quiet! Silent Wings 3 Fans-Improved Airflow; Extremely Quiet
ProcessorIntel® Core™ i7-9700K Processor (8x 3.60GHz/12MB L3 Cache)-
iBUYPOWER PowerDrivePowerDrive Level 2 - Up to 20% Overclocking-
Processor CoolingDEEPCOOL New Ark 90 Custom Liquid Cooling System - Deepcool New Ark 90 Case Only-RGB
Memory16 GB [8 GB x2] DDR4-3200 Memory Module-Certified Major Brand Gaming Memory
Video CardNVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 - 6GB GDDR6 (VR-Ready)-
SLI BridgeNone-
MotherboardASUS PRIME Z390-P -- Realtek LAN, USB 3.1 (6 Rear, 4 Front), ASUS 5X Protection III-
Power Supply750 Watt - GAMDIAS Astrape P1 RGB 750G - 80 PLUS Gold, Full Modular-
Advance Cabling OptionsProfessional Wiring - for all standard default cables inside the system-
M.2/PCI-E SSD Card-[FREE] 512 GB Intel 660P Series M.2 PCIe NVMe SSD - Today Only
Primary Hard Drive240 GB ADATA SU650 SSD -- Read: 520MB/s, Write: 450MB/s-Single Drive
Data Hard Drive240 GB ADATA SU650 SSD -- Read: 520MB/s, Write: 450MB/s-Single Drive
Optical DriveNone-
Media Card Reader / WriterNone-
Meter DisplayNone-
Sound Card3D Premium Surround Sound Onboard-
Network CardOnboard LAN Network (Gb or 10/100)-
USB Expansion CardNone-
Operating SystemWindows 10 Home + Office 365 Trial [FREE 30 Day Trial]-(64-bit)
MonitorNone-
KeyboardiBUYPOWER Standard Gaming Keyboard-
MouseiBUYPOWER Gaming Optical Mouse-Multi-Color LED Lighting
Speaker SystemNone-
Advanced Build Options - Thermal PasteArctic Silver 5 Thermal Paste-Increase your cooling efficiency with upgraded thermal paste
Case Engraving ServiceNone-
Warranty3 Year Standard Warranty Service-
Rush ServiceStandard Service-Estimated Ship in 5-10 Business Days
Subtotal* 1918.00
(plus tax & shipping)
*Prices are subject to change at any time.
If you have any questions about your configuration, feel free to contact us at sales@ibuypower.com or by phone toll-free at 1-888-462-3899.
We’re here to help you!
Exact same specs as other, but this one is CHEAPEST and has a better CPU
We are here for you!
iBUYPOWER can be reached at (888)462-3899Monday to Friday from 8:30am - 5:00pm PST.
Please call us if you have any questions or concerns.

Last edited:

Ralston18

Titan
Price = 1918.00

Can you get itemized pricing?

Curious about tax and shipping costs....

To be honest the entire "spiel" just seems to be a bit too forced and vague. E.g., "Professional wiring" - that should be expected and not pushed as something special. Likewise with the thermal paste and the onboard LAN.

And I would be leery of the branded keyboard, mouse, advanced SRS (sound reduction system) - what are they really providing?

What is that PSU?

3 year Standard Warranty that covers exactly what.....?

Take a look and compare Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Professional. Long term - go with Professional.

Office 365 Free for 30 days - but then, since they have your credit card number, do they charge you for that unless you cancel?

Too much is being left out and there is too much marketing speak in my mind.

Not saying it is all "not true". Just saying that I would be very skeptical and dubious.

Go back to basics. Do some research.

Google VR and hardware requirements.

Check the games (VR and otherwise) that you play and wish to play. Find out their recommended hardware requirements.

dietrichlehr

Honorable
Jun 2, 2018
I should’ve clarified I’m only asking about the hardware specs, not the additional bells and whistles. Namely the CPU, GPU, mobo, and power supply. The other frivolous items didn’t add anything significant to the cost, but I’m most interested in if these core parts are overkill for my intent to VR flight sims and play FPS at max settings.

I can shop around for better pricing, but I’m looking for the hardware first without buying more power than I’ll actuall need.

USAFRet

Titan
Sorry, I was $40 off

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: Intel - Core i7-9700K 3.6 GHz 8-Core Processor ($404.99 @ B&H)
Motherboard: Asus - PRIME Z390-P ATX LGA1151 Motherboard ($149.99 @ Newegg)
Memory: Team - T-Force Vulcan 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 Memory ($80.98 @ Newegg)
Storage: ADATA - Ultimate SU650 240 GB 2.5" Solid State Drive ($30.89 @ OutletPC)
Storage: ADATA - Ultimate SU650 240 GB 2.5" Solid State Drive ($30.89 @ OutletPC)
Storage: Intel - 660p Series 512 GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive ($60.99 @ Newegg Business)
Video Card: EVGA - GeForce RTX 2060 6 GB XC BLACK GAMING Video Card ($349.99 @ Amazon)
Power Supply: GAMDIAS - M1 B 750 W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply ($81.92 @ Amazon)
Operating System: Microsoft - Windows 10 Home OEM 64-bit ($99.49 @ SuperBiiz)
Custom: DEEPCOOL Gamer Storm NEW ARK 90 EATX Mid-Tower Case with integrated 280mm liquid cooling system, 4 x 140mm RGB Fans, Tempered Glass Side Panel, RGB Lighting System ($249.99 @ Newegg)
Total: $1540.12
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-05-10 21:05 EDT-0400