Question I find my new PC to be so loud

sparkling1337

Reputable
May 2, 2018
I went to bios and lowered the fan speed to basically 0 it's still loud, did the same with the cpu still the same. Went to my AMD driver setting GPU fan speed is shown at 0 when idling still loud.

So it has to be the PSU then right? I could never find how to lower the PSU fan speed.

this is my system:
gyazo .com/b339b8eebf71763d1d6b5664943871cd (remove spaces this site doesn't let me post links)

I bought a larger W PSU so I could upgrade to a better GPU once the new gen comes out so it should not be stressed out at all. How is this possible?

It's always been loud since the minute I received it.

edit: it's not THAT loud but it doesn't seem quiter than my old crappy PC with cheap components

this is my system:
include your complete system specs here in the thread with the make & model of all components plus their time in use.
along with CPU & GPU idle and max temperatures.
this site doesn't let me post links
Ctrl+K or the 'Insert link' icon allows outside links to be included.
but you need to type out the specs here in the thread so others aren't forced to chase your information down to other sites.
you will get more responses.

sparkling1337

Reputable
May 2, 2018
include your complete system specs here in the thread with the make & model of all components plus their time in use.
along with CPU & GPU idle and max temperatures.
Didn't I include the full specs already? As I said I can't post links or else this website tells me
"Your content can not be submitted. This is likely because your content is spam-like or contains inappropriate elements. Please change your content or try again later. If you still have problems, please contact an administrator. "

You can easily just remove the spaces in the gyazo link.

My idle temp for my GPU is 43 degrees Celsius and CPU is 49 degrees Celsius

I have a 750 W be quiet straight power PSU my system probably doesn't go above like 350 W anyways it should be totally quiet.

you will get much more insight by adding in your your complete system specs with age and other information to this particular thread.
this website tells me...
if you're using an untrustworthy or spam-populated source then it is good that it is blocked here..

as i already stated,
you need to type out the specs here in the thread so others aren't forced to chase your information down to other sites.
you will get more responses.

sparkling1337

Reputable
May 2, 2018
you will get much more insight by adding in your your complete system specs with age and other information to this particular thread.

if you're using an untrustworthy or spam-populated source then it is good that it is blocked here..

as i already stated,
I can't post any link whatsoever nor upload any images (because I don't have enough posts or whatever most likely). Sure I thought that since you guys are computer experts you won't be scared of a link from a popular screenshot program gyazo. It's like you guys are telling me you're scared of a youtube or a twitter link saying it's a spam link.

But whatever I will type it out

silvestone rvz03B raven
GIGABYTE x570 AORUS PRO WIFI
5800x3D
MSI 6600 XT GAMING X
SAMSUNG 980 PRO 2 TB W/ HEATSINK
Noctua NH-L12s
Kingston Fury Beast Black 2x32gb 3600 cl18
Be Quiet! Straight Power Platinum 750W
2x Noctua NF A12x15 PWM

sparkling1337

Reputable
May 2, 2018
It could also be the fact that the guys who sold me the pc didn't have a third noctua fan so the remaining fan is the default case one. Unfortunately in BIOS it just tells me "system fan1" as if I had just 1 fan and not 3.

It's like you guys are telling me you're scared
i'm telling you that many members are not willing to chase down your information to a third party site when you could easily type it in here.

and you still have not included the age of each component
or your idle & max temperatures system-wide.

if you are worried that a single fan is producing a lot of noise;
there is a very simple way to find out:
gently physically stop that particular fan from spinning and if this noise stops along with it then you know it was the source.

Reactions: drivinfast247

sparkling1337

Reputable
May 2, 2018
i'm telling you that many members are not willing to chase down your information to a third party site when you could easily type it in here.

and you still have not included the age of each component
or your idle & max temperatures system-wide.

if you are worried that a single fan is producing a lot of noise;
there is a very simple way to find out:
gently physically stop that particular fan from spinning and if this noise stops along with it then you know it was the source.
The age is about 2 weeks for all components. It seems like it is the remaining non-noctua fan which is doing so much noise but it seems to not be possible to turn it down. I googled it and came up with the idea that it might be because the fan isn't connected for whatever reason to the motherboard but the power supply.

I don't think I have ever fully loaded the thing but I've just played the only game I play (CSGO) and the OpenHardwareMonitor said the GPU hotspot peaked at around 67 degrees and the CPU at around 58 degrees. I already posted the idle temps.

Last edited:
How are the supplied fans connected?
If they are connected directly to a psu, they will run at 100%
I could be wrong, but, I can identify only one fan header to which a cpu fan would normally be connected. Or, some cases have a fan connection module to which all fans can be connected. I think the raven is one such.
I do not know how such a module will control fans.
Your case manual should tell you about this.

sparkling1337

Reputable
May 2, 2018
How are the supplied fans connected?
If they are connected directly to a psu, they will run at 100%
I could be wrong, but, I can identify only one fan header to which a cpu fan would normally be connected. Or, some cases have a fan connection module to which all fans can be connected. I think the raven is one such.
I do not know how such a module will control fans.
Your case manual should tell you about this.
No idea, I haven't opened up the case yet but it's very likely they for some reason connected it directly to the PSU. In BIOS I could only control the noctua fans. I think I will write an email to the company which built it.

Last edited: