[SOLVED] I flipped the red switch from 230V to 120V.....it blew!

Jan 28, 2021
Hi my computer was on and i was fiddling around(my bad) and flicked the red switch at the back from 230V to 120V. it spat out sparks and wont turn on.......and my other laptop(which was plugged in in the same room) isnt charging anymore

if someone can explain what to do in very basic terms id be very happy

Solution
no it was plugged into a different powerpoint....tried it in another room and it wont charge
I would expect the laptop plug has a fuse? I know it would in the UK. I would try changing the fuse in the plug.

I would not have expected the laptop charger to suffer damage but it may be possible it has. Hopefully it’s just the fuse has blown.
Jan 28, 2021
The desktop pc will need a new PSU/power supply. It will be dead or damaged.

so will i lose the data off the pc or can it be recovered?

Is the laptop plugged into the same power strip or wall socket? Have you tried plugging the laptop into a different socket in another room?

no it was plugged into a different powerpoint....tried it in another room and it wont charge

I would expect the laptop plug has a fuse? I know it would in the UK. I would try changing the fuse in the plug.

I would not have expected the laptop charger to suffer damage but it may be possible it has. Hopefully it’s just the fuse has blown.

Reactions: Phaaze88
Solution