Question I foot kicked a PC(harddisk failure.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 12, 2020
I foot kicked my PC but it was standing so it fell on its side, it fell on the same surface height. Now I can't boot my computer due to " Attempting boot and I om hard drive" " a disk read error occurred" "Press Ctrl+Alt+Del to restart" even running a DSF Self Test says Test Failed. Disk replacement recommended. It also happened to a PC I had before but instead it just kept spinning at the Windows 10 circle startup. Is it possible my hard disk failed? (It was the lightest kick but it fell on its body.) It was possible that the motherboard/powersuppy stopped working for a second which led to this) by the way I don't hear clicking or scratching sounds from my HDD it sounds normal. What are the options I have?

" Attempting boot and I om hard drive"
Attempting boot from hard drive
Heads "fly" over fast spinning disk at distance measured in micrometers and only air pressure generated by disk turning stop it from touching very sensitive surface on disks and it's coated with equally thin coat of what is essentially rust. That ruins the surface and scrambles data making part of or whole disk useless. If you have habit of kicking PC, better get an SSD.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS