[SOLVED] Is this deal on a new r5 3600, 3600 mhz 16gb ram, and a gtx 1660 too good to be true?

Markhad93

Distinguished
Apr 29, 2016
Hey all, so i have a pretty outdated system and want to upgrade on a budget. I found a really good deal on a new ryzen 5 3600, gtx 1660 and 3600 mhz corsair ram - i managed to bargain him to 550$. Im also planning to buy a b450 tomahawk since i can update the bios via usb.

The problem is that I am buying it from someone on kijiji (a marketplace where people buy and sell items in Canada) but he says their all brand new and never opened. In Canada, these 3 parts would be 800$ tax in, so paying 550$ seems like a great deal.

He says that UPS dropped it to his house by accident, so he called the company on the box, but the original owner wanted new parts sent so the company let him keep it. (is this suspicious at all? I dont want to buy stolen pc parts).

Anyways, if it doesnt turn out to be stolen, is 550 a good deal even though i wont get a warranty on these parts? Thanks for your input!

Last edited:
Solution
He says that UPS dropped it to his house by accident, and he called them, but the original owner wanted new parts sent so they let him keep it (is this suspicious at all? I dont want to buy stolen pc parts).

Yes, that sounds very sketchy.
Expect other weirdness during negotiation and money exchange.

USAFRet

Titan
He says that UPS dropped it to his house by accident, and he called them, but the original owner wanted new parts sent so they let him keep it (is this suspicious at all? I dont want to buy stolen pc parts).

Yes, that sounds very sketchy.
Expect other weirdness during negotiation and money exchange.

Reactions: King_V
Solution