[SOLVED] I found an ant in my monitor and I crushed it. When will it fall off?

Feb 18, 2020
There is an ant in my ASUS monitor and i squished it (i wasnt thinking) and now its stuck on my screen really annoying but its only 1 and i was wondering when or if it will fall down

Solution
On the screen: yes per @NightHawkRMX a gentle wipe with a dampened paper towel should work.

Not knowing where you live (and not asking) but you might want to take a look around.

There may be others.

I had a colony of very small ants come in through a crack and were in the process of nesting under and around a small power supply. Eggs, larvae, ants... All nice, warm, and cozy when the weather was cold and wet.

Ralston18

Titan
On the screen: yes per @NightHawkRMX a gentle wipe with a dampened paper towel should work.

Not knowing where you live (and not asking) but you might want to take a look around.

There may be others.

I had a colony of very small ants come in through a crack and were in the process of nesting under and around a small power supply. Eggs, larvae, ants... All nice, warm, and cozy when the weather was cold and wet.

Solution

USAFRet

Titan
Spot, in the flesh (or, in the monitor):
iI33DU3.gif

Reactions: Dragos Manea

Pimpom

Distinguished
May 11, 2008
If it is inside the monitor, never. It will be there until you dispose of the monitor.

I had on inside the monitor a few years ago. Squished him near the center of the screen
I named him Spot. Was in there until the monitor died from other reasons.
Definition of 'until': Up to the time that/of. The murdered ants will still be there even after you and the OP have disposed of your monitors. They simply would no longer be able to remind you daily of your crime. :)

This reminds me of a time some 15 years ago when someone in another forum asked for help getting rid of several ants inside his laptop screen. I suggested that he place a sugar solution or some sweets near the screen to lure the insects out. I don't know if it worked.

Reactions: sc2lines
Feb 6, 2020
This thread went on a fantastical journey, lol

I'll be honest I was half expecting it to be a humor thread about the age-old crawling insect animated gif