I found this cable on my first hdd. What is the use of this one?

Iqbalntmc

Prominent
Sep 6, 2019
First of all, im not really good at computer stuff. Im sorry if i say a wrong thing or two.
View: https://imgur.com/bFdLoHe

So it seems like a power cable but its connected to the first hdd. And i want to install another hdd, because i don't know what type of cables should i buy, i want to use that one instead but then the cables will be connecting between my 1st hdd and my 2nd hdd which im about to install. Will that work? Or i have to buy another cable which is very unlikely because idk what type of cable i should buy.

I already have a sata data cable thingy (the one that makes sound when its already intact)

WildCard999

Titan
That is a SATA Power cable, that and a SATA Data cable (smaller one) are required for HDD's & SSDs (SATA ones).

What PSU do you have? Most come with at least 2-3 of those SATA Power connections, usually on the same line.

Just wanted to add, PSU cables are not interchangeable. Don't buy more cables unless you know they will work with your PSU.

Last edited:

Iqbalntmc

Prominent
Sep 6, 2019
That is a SATA Power cable, that and a SATA Data cable (smaller one) are required for HDD's & SSDs (SATA ones).

What PSU do you have? Most come with at least 2-3 of those SATA Power connections, usually on the same line.

Just wanted to add, PSU cables are not interchangeable. Don't buy more cables unless you know they will work with your PSU.

My psu is corsair vs450, my first hdd is seagate barracuda and the one that im about to i syl is seagade pipeline hd .2. will that works?

Iqbalntmc

Prominent
Sep 6, 2019
That is a SATA power cable.
Most PSUs should have more than one of those, so you usually wouldn't need to buy more cables.
Have you checked the rest of your cabling?
Yes, and the last one hanging is the one that i took picture of. And i just thought maybe it will works