[SOLVED] i get a new GIgabyte RTX windforce oc 2060 6gb and pc freeze

Sep 5, 2019
Hello guys i am new here. I have a pc which it has a Ashrock N68c-Gsf4 Fx montherboard with an AMD Fx(tm)-6300 six core processor at 3.50 GHZ. I have 8Giga Ram and windows 10 pro. with a corsaiar at 650 watt. I had a gpu radeon 380 nitro at 4gb and it start to have some problems and my pc crashed all the time while i was gaming. So i tried to upgrade my system and i get a gigabyte RTX windforce oc 2060 6GB .. I get my card i unistalled the previous drivers with DDU and i close my pc. AFTER i put the new GPU it always stuck at driver installiation (i tried to install them from the cd and also from the site that i download also i tried and older drivers) always the drivers stuck at installation and after that the pc always freeze and i cant login at windows. also some times if i enter on safe mode and try to unistall the pc doesnt have any drivers at all. Also after tht i did a format and install windows 7 but the drivers dont install at all it always say tht installation failed to start. after that i did a new format and installed the windows 10 but as long as the new GPU was installed the pc freeze when it is enter the windows 10! any help? now i have put my old GPU and the system works fine..

Solution
How old is the VS?

The VS is corsairs worst / budget line PSU, and isn't really made for heavier load / gaming systems, it is ultimately budget. Myself and many on the forums have had various bad experiences with the VS series, albeit the newer ones are better.

Easiest way to check would be to swap the GPU or PSU and see if the issue persists, but being as the issue only started with the new GPU, you may look at that first, however a higher draw could also put more strain and highlight PSU faults.

It's the easiest way to check if it is some of the hardware or not.

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
Welcome to the forums my friend!

What is your PSU make and model?
So to clarify, your old system started freezing, so you upgraded the GPU and system continued freezing?
What led you to believe it was the GPU to begin with?
Can you confirm if the freezing still occurs in safe mode?
Have you checked CPU and GPU temps under load?

Sep 5, 2019
thank you very much <3
my psu is Ashrock N68c-Gsf4 Fx montherboard with an AMD Fx(tm)-6300 six core processor at 3.50 GHZ. the pc freeze only when i have windows 10 when i try to install the drivers the system crash and i cant enter on windows i can enter in windows safe mode. some times when i tried to install the drivers i couldnt enter safe mode at all. in windows 7 the system dont freeze but the installation of any Nvidia driver that i tried dont start at all.

Sep 5, 2019
no i dont have a dual Os ! windows 10 Pro is from microsoft when they gave it for freee! after the problem i had to do a format because windows 10 stuck all the time at the logo and tried to repair windows but always reboot. I did a format and roll back to windows 7! when i tried at windows 7 to install i download the windows 7 drivers (first the newest then i tried older editions) all didnt install at all they said drivers failed to install.. after varius editions of drivers i download an tried . i did a new format and install windows 10 i tried to install the drivers but at some time the screen became black and i saw only the mouse i was waiting at the black screen with the mouse for 7 hours moving the mouse i tried to open the task manager but nothing. I did a restart and after that windows 10 wont boot. so i did another format after that when i had the GPU on the windows always freeze.. i remove the GPU did a DDU unistall and put my older one GPU that work fine exept in gaming

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
How old is the VS?

The VS is corsairs worst / budget line PSU, and isn't really made for heavier load / gaming systems, it is ultimately budget. Myself and many on the forums have had various bad experiences with the VS series, albeit the newer ones are better.

Easiest way to check would be to swap the GPU or PSU and see if the issue persists, but being as the issue only started with the new GPU, you may look at that first, however a higher draw could also put more strain and highlight PSU faults.

It's the easiest way to check if it is some of the hardware or not.

Solution