Question i get artifacts after installation of driver on my second hand gpu

Mar 4, 2022
the older driver only shows artifacts when launching a game but newer ones always shows it no matter the time or task
cpu=i3 3220
gpu= gt 1030 lp oc 2gb gddr5
ssd=crucial 240gb
hdd= seagate 4tb
ram= 10gb ddr3

please help

tecmo34

Administrator
I would check your temps / clock speeds with some thing like HWMonitor or MSI Afterburner. There could be a risk the card was damaged or needs to be cleaned with it being a second hand GPU.

Can you revert back to the old driver instead of the new driver? When updating the driver, did you utilize DDU in safe mode to remove the old driver before installing the new. This might be worth doing, if not done as there could have been a conflict with the old and new drivers upon install.

Mar 9, 2022
Are you running any overclocking software for the GPU? if so try turning it off and doing a restart and see if the issue persists. My reasoning on this is that an unstable overclock can and will cause these issues also. myaarpmedicare.com

Have you tried older drivers to see if the issue is with just that driver?

Last edited:
Mar 4, 2022
i tried every graphic driver from oldest to newest. and used ddu everytime even uninstalled my intel one to try but no effect. even after artifacts closes after running any games except 2d games like osu. it just craches the 3d software (game etc). i think it is working but not taking anyload