Question i get automated fix loop srttrail.txt error after i overclocked ram

MeSaMyOuNoOb7

Honorable
Mar 29, 2016
I Overclocked my ram today and thought i would try and see how fast the ram would go.
I Have a Msi z690 pro series ddr4 wifi motherboard and decided to use their try it feature.
i saved the options i chose and when i restarted my pc i got c windows system32 logfiles srt srttrail.txt windows 11 error been trying to fix it for the past 5 hours.
I don't want to have to wipe drive clear with fresh windows install as i have important items on the drive.
I reset all of the bios options back to default.
tried endless cmd commands and guides but the second my pc resets i get the same error.
I also Downloaded windows 11 onto a usb and tried repairing drive but does nothing.
I click repair drive button and then it sends me back to menu with two options power off and troubleshoot options and when i restart pc i get same error.

Last edited:

Aeacus

Titan
Ambassador
and thought i would try and see how fast the ram would go.

As the saying goes: "Curiosity killed the cat.". :rolleyes:

I don't want to have to wipe drive clear with fresh windows install as i have important items on the drive.

I'm not here to tell how to fix your Win, if it even can be fixed. But what i can tell you, is how to fix your system, while also saving the personal data, IF the OS drive isn't corrupt beyond belief.

To save your data, you need 2nd, empty drive.
Idea is:
  1. Take out your current OS drive from your system.
  2. Install new, empty drive into your system.
  3. Install Win on the new, empty drive.
  4. Make sure you can boot into OS.
  5. Shut down your PC, and hook your old OS drive to your PC, as data drive.
  6. Boot off from new drive. Do not boot from old OS drive.
  7. If given the old OS drive is sound, it should appear as 2nd drive in your system.
  8. Copy/paste the personal data over, from old OS drive to new OS drive.
  9. Once data is saved, format the old OS drive.