[SOLVED] I get BSOD every day I turn on the PC?

DanijelPeder

Commendable
Mar 31, 2019
Hello,

I get BSOD every day I turn on the PC. On boot up windows 10 loading dots appear, then they freeze and BSOD pops up with random message every time. Either Critical Process Died or something like that or memory managment, now I downloaded BlueScreenViewer and it marked some file called ntoskrnl.exe. Im having these BSOD's since I turned on XMP. And the PC runs fine when it's on it's just this daily BSOD that I get when I turn on the PC. And another note when my PC is idle for too long or when I turn on the PC after a while my second monitor is flickering with brand logo like 50 times then it turns on.

Specs:
r7 3700x
1080ti
RipJaws V 16GB ddr4 16CL
gigabyte b450 aorus elite

iiSlashr

Reputable
Mar 10, 2019
Try taking one of your stick of RAM out, start the PC, and do the same for the other stick. Then, try just turning off XMP, since you said that's when it started. You may also want to try updating your drivers, that error with ntoskrnl.exe seems to be driver-related.

DanijelPeder

Commendable
Mar 31, 2019
I have drivers updated in device manager, but sometimes a compliant headset thingy has a triangle near it and i disable it and enable it and its gone but idk if that's the problem

iiSlashr

Reputable
Mar 10, 2019
I have drivers updated in device manager, but sometimes a compliant headset thingy has a triangle near it and i disable it and enable it and its gone but idk if that's the problem
Like I said, you got a memory management error after enabling memory overclocking, so try disabling it. Then try doing the same with one stick of RAM in, then take it out and try the other.

Reactions: DanijelPeder

Soortt

Honorable
Nov 12, 2016
It's less likely to be your rams. Just try your pc without XMP.
I closed XMP profile and stopped having BSOD. Somehow this BSOD happens more on people with b450-b550-x570 motherboards.

Download/Update all possible drivers you need.

DanijelPeder

Commendable
Mar 31, 2019
Well, my motherboard drivers aren't the latest it's 1 version behind, but the new update doesn't state anything about fixing XMP or something.. Plus the PC was working fine when I bought it then I noticed that the builder didn't enable XMP so I enabled it because my ram is 3200mhz and then I started getting them.

iiSlashr

Reputable
Mar 10, 2019
Well, my motherboard drivers aren't the latest it's 1 version behind, but the new update doesn't state anything about fixing XMP or something.. Plus the PC was working fine when I bought it then I noticed that the builder didn't enable XMP so I enabled it because my ram is 3200mhz and then I started getting them.
Then just turn off XMP dude. Clearly that's the problem.

Colif

Win 11 Master
can you go to c:/windows/minidump
copy the files from here to another folder
upload the copies from new folder to a file sharing website and show link here.

We can check if its showing anything useful.

are the ram sticks on the website for the motherboard as Ryzen picky about ram and if they haven't been tested with board, it can also be reason for errors.
https://download.gigabyte.com/FileList/Memory/mb_memory_b450-aorus-elite_matisse.pdf

Solution